Foot Spars

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was first diagnosed, I was reading all sorts. I found a reference that said diabetics shouldn't use them. I can't find the source again.

Is there any truth in this?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was first diagnosed, I was reading all sorts. I found a reference that said diabetics shouldn't use them. I can't find the source again.

Is there any truth in this?

I guess the advice not to use them is if you have neuropathy as you wouldn’t know if it was too hot for you or if you had a cut you might be prone to inflection. I used one last week without thinking at an overnight Spa break. I had to fill out a medical form and declared my type 2 and wasn’t told to avoid anything!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, thanks @Tipetoo, that might have been the one.

@Rachox I hope you had a wonderful time!

My toes feel like they belong to someone else. I may well have a slight neuropathy going on. Perhaps it Will improve now my numbers have come down.

I will take on board the advice in the article and use my foot spar whilst I can.

D

Deleted Account

Wow !
What a negative article.
I have always been of the opinion that neuropathy is a risk of high BG. It is not a given that all people with diabetes (I dislike being referred to as “a diabetic” as if that is all I am) have problems with their feet.
We should get them checked at every review. If the last review has not picked up a problem, I see no reason to avoid foot spas.
Hey, I have even been known to wander around my house in bare feet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Peadair O Brionn

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The reason I asked the question was that I do have problems with my feet. My toes felt odd a year before DX. But I have had problems for many years and no reason was ever found, so I just put up with it.

I was identified as pre-diabetic in 2011 but nobody told me.

nashmaeva1

foot spas or foot massagers have been known to promote blood circulation and bring a feeling of calmness so i don't see any reason why anybody should not do it. shiatsu foot massager give reflexology massage where certain trigger points on foot give healing to certain organs of the body.

Reactions: Serena51

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I've got a JML circulation booster, best personal massager and am recently diagnosed diabetic but a friend, who is also diabetic, has had her circulation booster longer than me and finds its a great help. I love to use mine and I definitely feel the benefit when I have swollen ankles (side effect of my blood pressure tablets).

Last edited: