Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Rainy and grotty here to suit my mood:
bg 6.5 I seem to be on an unexplaiable upward trend.
Is a hug needed? Our bg related view of the world seems to work as though we are seesawing each other:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday despite the rain
Well who’d of thunk it, 5.6 at midnight when I was going to bed and giving in to the munchies and eating LivLife toast with peanut butter
it’s 5.6 this morning too
Great news on fbg level @jayney27 clearly your body was messaging you. Sometimes the messages fall victim to predictive body text though so it is not infallible:angelic:

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 @ 0900
possible explanation
breakfast ..then day out.. football.several greene king abbot ales..then merlot,cab. savingion merlot again shared with a freind
60 grams almonds ..dont think this is in the low carb plan but hey-ho 1
yes... went a bit off the rails yesterday i think
4.3 @11.16 two hours after scrambled eggs and two slices of schneider brot high protien bread ,,
unusualy low.......wine?...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is a hug needed? Our bg related view of the world seems to work as though we are seesawing each other:angelic:

Hugs always welcome thanks.
Yes, the seesawing is strange isn’t it? But then so much of this condition is strange. Don’t think I’ll ever understand it fully.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought I had a hypo in the night although highly unlikely now as I am not on insulin any more. Was sweating absolutely hugely but when I finally managed to get out of bed BS was 6. Weird because symptoms very similar. The headache is only now going. 5.5 when I tested at 7am.
Good to hear that you are not on insulin any more.I was taken off for 4 weeks and replaced by the tab lets ( Gliclazide for MODY type )but sadly it didn't work . Keep your routines going.
Best wishes.
Dow-jai001

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
5.6 this morning, another strange day, feeling like my heads under water and my leg seems more painful than usual but then again that's not unusual which is usually the case, or not, but sometimes. My waddle was wet and shoogly but I got to where I was going and then made it back.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear that you are not on insulin any more.I was taken off for 4 weeks and replaced by the tab lets ( Gliclazide for MODY type )but sadly it didn't work . Keep your routines going.
Best wishes.
Dow-jai001
Sorry to hear that the tablets didn't work. I was on Novarapid and Lantus and although I have to keep to 20g carbs max I love the food and have worked out which of the good carbs spike my BS. I would like a lower Hb1Ac - it hovers between 42 and 44 but it was 125 when diagnosed so I should be happy it has come down that much. Am keeping my 'fingers crossed' that Keto/Low Carb will keep on working - but only time will tell.. Am doing Intermittent Fasting also.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear that the tablets didn't work. I was on Novarapid and Lantus and although I have to keep to 20g carbs max I love the food and have worked out which of the good carbs spike my BS. I would like a lower Hb1Ac - it hovers between 42 and 44 but it was 125 when diagnosed so I should be happy it has come down that much. Am keeping my 'fingers crossed' that Keto/Low Carb will keep on working - but only time will tell.. Am doing Intermittent Fasting also.
My HAb1c 8 weeks ago was 9.0%.I inject in the the evening only (Lantus 4- 6 units). To me, I am doing my best on diet and exercises . Oh..I am due for walk now (after meal) although it's still raining.
Have a good Sunday evening.
Dow-jai001

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My HAb1c 8 weeks ago was 9.0%.I inject in the the evening only (Lantus 4- 6 units). To me, I am doing my best on diet and exercises . Oh..I am due for walk now (after meal) although it's still raining.
Have a good Sunday evening.
Dow-jai001
I also find a walk after each meal helps to lower after meal spikes. I was injecting Lantus 10 to 20 units and 5 to 7 Novorapid after each meal when I was following the advice to eat lots of starchy carbs with each meal. This dropped dramatically the lower carb I went.