Omnipod

Blue Rose

Hi everyone, I have been on the Accu-Chec Aviva pumps for the last 8 years and now thinking of using the Omnipod as I'm due an upgrade. If anyone can give me their pros and cons I would be grateful. As changing pumps or insulin always makes me a bit nervous untill I get used to.

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning! I’ve been on the pod for just over three weeks now, after 20myears on MDI. It’s my first pump, so I have no others to compare it to, but it’s been amazing so far. I’m now getting “unicorn lines” like the one below, where I’m 100% in my 3.8-7mmol target range. I’ve had two of those in the last week, most times I’m around 90% in range.

2579E842-8C5A-4947-8FCD-41C13F3BF9EB.jpeg \​

I love the fact that it’s so small, I can stick it pretty much anywhere, and I can decorate it ;) it’s a rainy day here, so I’m planning on spending it painting my next batch of pods...

1B3C087B-4B3C-4056-A2AF-4CE00602F642.jpeg 777F366E-B3F7-4740-B4FE-84465B3B3794.jpeg E07BCA5E-9443-4C50-9C8F-78A29A1DADA4.jpeg

@helensaramay uses a different pump, perhaps she can offer some insight? As does @kitedoc - they’re both on tubey pumps.

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve been using the Omnipod for 6 years, it’s the only one I've used so have nothing to compare it to but as it’s wire free I'd be reluctant to change to a wired one. It’s wire free, waterproof and so easy to install compared to other sets, fully automatic. I'd call Insulet and get a dummy to attach to see if you get on with it as some people find it bulkier than other pumps. I don't but I know some have. The PDM is old fashioned but will change soonish although no dates given for the UK yet.

sweetbloodsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cilantro, liver, rudeness, cruelty, impatience, prejudice, hatred. kale
Morning! I’ve been on the pod for just over three weeks now, after 20myears on MDI. It’s my first pump, so I have no others to compare it to, but it’s been amazing so far. I’m now getting “unicorn lines” like the one below, where I’m 100% in my 3.8-7mmol target range. I’ve had two of those in the last week, most times I’m around 90% in range.

I love the fact that it’s so small, I can stick it pretty much anywhere, and I can decorate it ;) it’s a rainy day here, so I’m planning on spending it painting my next batch of pods...

@helensaramay uses a different pump, perhaps she can offer some insight? As does @kitedoc - they’re both on tubey pumps.
"Owner of a Useless Pancreas"??????? I LOVE it!! Just got my C-Peptide test results and mine seems to be operating at less than 0.1%. That's pretty useless. I'm trying to get the Omni, so glad to see they're decorate-able!

Reactions: porl69