Type 1 Constant Slight Tremor In Hands

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For about a week I’ve been feeling a constant tremor in my hands. It’s only visible sometimes but to me it feels like my hands are really shaky. Has anyone else experienced this? Really baffled as to what the reason could be.

Reactions: kitedoc

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Please go and see your doctor. We cannot diagnose here.

Reactions: kitedoc

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@tvnerd - that needs to be checked with the GP. There are a myriad of things it could be, and most of them have nothing to do with T1D.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
For about a week I’ve been feeling a constant tremor in my hands. It’s only visible sometimes but to me it feels like my hands are really shaky. Has anyone else experienced this? Really baffled as to what the reason could be.
Hi @tvnerd Are you on medications other than insulin, of any kind? If so, I recommend checking the list of side effects. I am on two drugs which cause quite significant tremors in my hands. I agree with those above in that your GP ought to deal with this. Good luck!

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @tvnerd Are you on medications other than insulin, of any kind? If so, I recommend checking the list of side effects. I am on two drugs which cause quite significant tremors in my hands. I agree with those above in that your GP ought to deal with this. Good luck!

Hello Grant. I’m only on allergy medication. I will check the side effects! I don’t have a GP and my endocrinologist is in a different country so I’m trying to see if I can identify the cause on my own.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Grant. I’m only on allergy medication. I will check the side effects! I don’t have a GP and my endocrinologist is in a different country so I’m trying to see if I can identify the cause on my own.
Could be stress? Or your BG levels are off so your body is adjusting? Side effect of allergy drug? Maybe you need more carbs?

Reactions: tvnerd
D

Deleted member 308541

One of my COPD inhalers Airomir give me fine shakes in my hands, I have had them for years and I hardly think about them now.

Reactions: tvnerd

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be stress? Or your BG levels are off so your body is adjusting? Side effect of allergy drug? Maybe you need more carbs?

BG is normal, maybe due to a slight reduction in carbs eaten