Type 1 And Kidney Problems

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Hello i have to bad days feeling always i need to go to toilet can't sleep well i wake with blood sugar with 123 mg/dl where the problem from can my insulin be ineffective or some other reasons ??

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I would strongly recommend you see a diabetes nurse or endocrinologist

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Salad and most healthy foods lol.
You should check your ketones. I came out of hospital on Friday after being DKA...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello i have to bad days feeling always i need to go to toilet can't sleep well i wake with blood sugar with 123 mg/dl where the problem from can my insulin be ineffective or some other reasons ??

Hi,

The figure you gave equates to 6.8Mmol... If your mg/dl number is correct? This is not a majorly high figure.
What insulin are you prescribed?
We can't diagnose, but I would strongly advise seeing a doctor regarding your waterworks issue..

Bassiette

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
candy etc
Im using novorapid and lantus i checked my hba1c 10 days ago i was 6 mg/dl i started to feel like need to urinate too much yesterday day only

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
I would be intensly happy with 6.8 !!! Maybe you have a bladder infection which usually causes frequent visits to the loo. If you had kidney problems you would have swollen ankles, itchy skin etc. But important is that you need to see your GP/diabetic nurse. A bladder infection can be cured easily with antibiotics.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As maria says, it sounds very much like cystitis. I hope it goes away with drinking water or an OTC remedy but I'd ask a pharmacist or GP for further advice especially if it is accompanied by back ache, fever or excessive ketones (sure sign of infection) .

Reactions: Sweetheart66