Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Talkin Tarn in Cumbria? We stayed near the shore of Talkin Tarn last year. Beautiful tarn and lovely walk round it. We had a walk round it each day after returning from wherever we'd been for the day.

Yes Talkin Tarn in North Cumbria near Brampton

10 minutes from us so we go there a lot - a gentle stroll around with ample wooden benches around the Tarn a small tea room (seasonal)

IMG_1535416769.336252.jpg

Did you travel far to get there?

Carolann13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who eat crisps in the cinema, anyone who dislikes animals.
I'm up for the reverse rain dance. I call it sitting in a chair having a coffee whilst waiting for the grass to green up and stop being uniformly beige. (All one word, btw). :angelic:
Thanks guy, joy to read

Reactions: Cumberland

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Today I am sad. So very, very sad. I have asked that all the mirrors in the house be draped in black and I have taken to my bed like an Edwardian Lady with the vapours.

My eldest grandchild will be 18 on Saturday and I am not feelin' it one little bit (sob).

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today I am sad. So very, very sad. I have asked that all the mirrors in the house be draped in black and I have taken to my bed like an Edwardian Lady with the vapours.

My eldest grandchild will be 18 on Saturday and I am not feelin' it one little bit (sob).
Know exactly how you must feel my eldest grandchild well my only grandchild is 23 years old now when I look in the mirror I see this old guy that I just don't recognize and I think who is that old fart.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Talkin Tarn in North Cumbria near Brampton

10 minutes from us so we go there a lot - a gentle stroll around with ample wooden benches around the Tarn a small tea room (seasonal)

View attachment 28286

Did you travel far to get there?

Lovely area. Yes, we used the tea room almost every day. We stayed in a self catering cottage at a horse racing stables just a few minutes drive from the tarn. We really enjoyed the holiday.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I also know how you feel. My grandchildren are aged 20 and 23, and it was our daughter's 25th wedding anniversary last week. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself. I don't see my mum. I see my nana. :arghh: Frightening.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I also know how you feel. My grandchildren are aged 20 and 23, and it was our daughter's 25th wedding anniversary last week. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself. I don't see my mum. I see my nana. :arghh: Frightening.

I swear someone comes in the night to add more wrinkles, I'll catch the beggar one day!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Know exactly how you must feel my eldest grandchild well my only grandchild is 23 years old now when I look in the mirror I see this old guy that I just don't recognize and I think who is that old fart.

It's like the invasion of the (young) body snatchers.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I sometimes wonder if this apparition I see in the mirror looks like my grandfather who ever he was I mean my fathers father that is.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes my family tree on ancesty . com goes through my fathers maternal line only very fustrating as there is no one now who can give me any info and dad would not discuss it ever.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I wish my Dad had been an unknown quantity. My mother might have had a better life. He was a pig.