ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Does anyone do their shop online with Asda?
I have been trying to place my order for next week. Have tried various times since lunch time yesterday and not getting the site.
Have called customer services 3 times and they have no idea what I am on about

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have been trying to place my order for next week. Have tried various times since lunch time yesterday and not getting the site.

I have never done an online food shop before, but just found this. Good luck ally.
https://groceries.asda.com/content-page/LP_How-To-Shop

Gilly145

I used to be a home shopping delivery driver for Asda.....not good!! You have to fill out the online shopping form with a slot time for delivery. Your food then gets picked in the morning and stacked outside in the yard. Once loaded on the van it is then dropped off at your address. The driver has 6 minutes from arriving to deliver the food, refund anything you don't want for whatever reason, put all the empty totes back on the van and then set off to the next customer. Be careful at xmas as if they run out of turkeys they could substitute that for pigs in blankets......no I'm not joking

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I used to be a home shopping delivery driver for Asda.....not good!! You have to fill out the online shopping form with a slot time for delivery. Your food then gets picked in the morning and stacked outside in the yard. Once loaded on the van it is then dropped off at your address. The driver has 6 minutes from arriving to deliver the food, refund anything you don't want for whatever reason, put all the empty totes back on the van and then set off to the next customer. Be careful at xmas as if they run out of turkeys they could substitute that for pigs in blankets......no I'm not joking
I have been having home delivery for awhile now.
I have realised now that when I ask for subs, I would often get the most weird sub for what I asked. I now never ask for subs. The funniest thing I got substituted was, for skimmed milk, the picker chose tampax. My mind still boggles at that

Gilly145

I have been having home delivery for awhile now.
I have realised now that when I ask for subs, I would often get the most weird sub for what I asked. I now never ask for subs. The funniest thing I got substituted was, for skimmed milk, the picker chose tampax. My mind still boggles at that

I remember 1 of my delivery days I had 16 totes to drop off at the first drop. I had 122 totes on board in total all in drop order. I had already taken 12 totes to the door before I got a call from the office saying that they had cancelled earlier that day. Woooow, hang on a mo, what am I supposed to do with these totes now then + the other 4 I hadn't taken off yet? Answer, remove ALL the totes from the van, put these 16 totes at the back and then load the other totes back on. Remember here that I only get 6 mins a drop. Needless to say I was now nearly 2 hours late and to cut a really long story short......... My last drop was at 10.45 instead of 8.30. The customer was not impressed and I arrived home at 12.45. I was not impressed either.
Oh yeah, and just as a side note all the 16 totes of food I brought back had to be put back on the shelves in the store by ME.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver

I remember 1 of my delivery days I had 16 totes to drop off at the first drop. I had 122 totes on board in total all in drop order. I had already taken 12 totes to the door before I got a call from the office saying that they had cancelled earlier that day. Woooow, hang on a mo, what am I supposed to do with these totes now then + the other 4 I hadn't taken off yet? Answer, remove ALL the totes from the van, put these 16 totes at the back and then load the other totes back on. Remember here that I only get 6 mins a drop. Needless to say I was now nearly 2 hours late and to cut a really long story short......... My last drop was at 10.45 instead of 8.30. The customer was not impressed and I arrived home at 12.45. I was not impressed either.
Oh yeah, and just as a side note all the 16 totes of food I brought back had to be put back on the shelves in the store by ME.
That is bad that you had to put the stuff back on the shelves

Gilly145

That is bad that you had to put the stuff back on the shelves
Tell me about it. 16 totes of anything from dummies to frozen sausages, bread to chilled cream. We even had to stop putting the totes on grass verges due to someone complaining about recieving a tote with dog doo on the bottom which she put on her kitchen worktop..........YAK.

Reactions: Carolann13

Carolann13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who eat crisps in the cinema, anyone who dislikes animals.
No problem at all with Asda, their glueton free, lactose free shop is amazing, decafe etc, brilliant, delivery always on time, 10/10, surprised to hear your having difficulty, hopefully sort itself out.