Levemir Pens.

Jansuleyman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners, Bad customer service, People who press the button at crossings without checking the traffic, Rain.
Has any one experienced problems with the Levemir pens ? I have had many pens which stick and you can't inject the insulin. I am not new to diabetes I have had type 1 for 57 years so I am pretty familiar with injecting. It has been insinuated by one pharmacist that it must be me because no one else has returned faulty pens. I also use Novorapid and have never experienced this with this pen. Out of my last box of 5 Levemir pens 3 jammed. Has anyone else had this problem.?

Ermintrude775

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had pens jam but they were getting old. Personally I don't use the levemir pens.

MrBen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. So I have only had a few go a bit stiff but not stuck. However - Are you a needle changer. I know a lot of us may not change needles as quick as we should. But I have found in the summer months my needles on my Levemir pen block overnight. The night after putting a new needle on it will block. It appears the pen is stuck - but is just because the insulin in needle has dried and blocked it. I have seen this happen more since getting non novo fine needles.

MrBen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now forced to change my Levemir needles more regularly! :)

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Green levemir flexpens from Novo nordisk never did this, if yours is the cartridges it might be your pen.