Insulin

sbrandon1320

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on insulin about 2 months ago the db nurse said to keep upping the units on my insulin until my levels are around 8 I’m now on 50 units of insulin and my levels are between 10 and 12 does this sound right the insulin I’m on is humulin M3

S

Sani Thomas

I was put on insulin about 2 months ago the db nurse said to keep upping the units on my insulin until my levels are around 8 I’m now on 50 units of insulin and my levels are between 10 and 12 does this sound right the insulin I’m on is humulin M3
Hi,
I think that you need to see the DN to review your insulin. Do you take basal insulin? Personally I would not be happy to go it on my own especially in the beginning of the treatment.
Best of luck.

Sent from my SGP611 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @sbrandon1320 ,

You do need to liaise with your HCP on this.
To be fair, insulin dosage needs are tailored to the individual requirements of the patient. With the best will in the world, asking if "my dose sounds right" encompasses a lot of factors?

Are you injecting twice daily? Do you have a set carb count on your meals?? Are these meals eaten at regular times??
(My distant memories of being a young type one on this sort of similar rigid insulin regime didn't leave much room for deviation...)

Reactions: Sani Thomas

sbrandon1320

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @sbrandon1320 ,

You do need to liaise with your HCP on this.
To be fair, insulin dosage needs are tailored to the individual requirements of the patient. With the best will in the world, asking if "my dose sounds right" encompasses a lot of factors?

Are you injecting twice daily? Do you have a set carb count on your meals?? Are these meals eaten at regular times??
(My distant memories of being a young type one on this sort of similar rigid insulin regime didn't leave much room for deviation...)

I inject twice a day with no carb count but I have cut right down meals are eaten about the same time everyday