I Bacon Safe To Eat Daily?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lucylocket61 if I buy bacon from a supermarket I get Naked brand - made without nitrites. It’s sometimes on special offer in Sainsburys. They do sausages too.
Having had cancer ( not bowel though) I’m not keen on taking the risk even if it is small.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

I have just checked the fridge out, "someone" forgot to get a kilo packet of bacon out of the freeze.

Bacon for breakfast today... Nooooooooooooooooooo! :grumpy:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have just checked the fridge out, "someone" forgot to get a kilo packet of bacon out of the freeze.

Bacon for breakfast today... Nooooooooooooooooooo! :grumpy:

Sack 'someone' immediately!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m sat here in a restaurant in Finistere looking at this thread and eating galettes with bacon, lardons, eggs and more bacon. I don’t care about waffly research, I like bacon. I also like sausages and tripe and liver and kidneys. Did I say that I like bacon.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I see often people recommending bacon and eggs for breakfast. Wasnt there some research highlighted on here recently which showed that processed meats are bad for us more than once or twice a weeks?

r was that dodgy research?

Hmmm OK
Research, it's about time somebody did some serious research into research when applied to what is healthy, personally I treat all published research with a huge degree of suspicion.
Based on what I've read on this forum and published " research " I should have stopped taking my statins, Metformin and worst of all bacon.
Must go just orf to the garage to string myself up........wot give up bacon, no chance and as for playing games with statistics someone is being pedantic.

Now here's a bit of research bacon and eggs helps keep my blood sugars down and stops me snacking mid morning. But I'm not numerate or literate.

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Most Bacon is frozen before slicing to stop wastage

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Processed food carries a risk. Being alive carries a risk. We each get to choose what risks we can live with and those we decide are not worth the consequences. In the last three months I have made a decision to not risk the pretty dire long term possible side effects of eating a “normal diet”. I hate the self imposed restrictions but that’s my choice. Bacon is on my to eat list, as are salami, ham and various other foods. My neighbour has chosen the path of ‘who gives a **** it’s all a conspiracy anyway and I fancy eating the Patisserie Valerie cream tea with cakes. So he does as he pleases which makes him happy.