What Is The Cause Of My Weak And Tired Legs And Feeling Sick All The Time?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I've been having weak and tired legs, pangs of nausea, abdominal bloating/discomfort, light-headedness and feeling faint. I'm a hyperglycaemic insulin-resistant type 2 diabetic with Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD. I've had a great number of stressful life situations owing to my disabilities and have an ill father of 87 years of age in hospital with low haemoglobin who is insulin-dependent type 2 and has had heart attacks in the past.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970, It sounds like you have a lot of your plate ! How are your BSLs?
Stress can cause all sorts of symptoms and a visit to your doctor with maybe some blood sugar readings, fasting and about 2 hours after meals may help sort out what is happening.
I hope your father recovers soon. Best Wishes.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Thank you, @kitedoc, for your kind advice. I've already made an appointment with my GP. My blood glucose level was 8.6 a few minutes ago. The other day it went up to 15.5 after I struggled with the fab and awesome LCHF diet due to motivational abnormalities in my mental health disabilities and stressful life circumstances. I'll take my blood glucose meter to the GP today with the last few BGL's on it. I just want to feel better. I may be moving to 24-hour-care supported housing soon, I can't wait. I'm really struggling with my independant living programme and that makes me feel guilty because there's so many people that would give their right arm for my beautiful flat. Thank you so much for your advice, it really does mean a lot. Hugs xXx.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been having weak and tired legs, pangs of nausea, abdominal bloating/discomfort, light-headedness and feeling faint. I'm a hyperglycaemic insulin-resistant type 2 diabetic with Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD. I've had a great number of stressful life situations owing to my disabilities and have an ill father of 87 years of age in hospital with low haemoglobin who is insulin-dependent type 2 and has had heart attacks in the past.

maybe al the stress concerning your father and his illness also stresses your body ..

do you have your diabetes under control and your blood glucose down in the normal level ?

if not ! you might be able to get better by eating the very low carb eating style...

keep asking for advice if you need answer to any of your worries... sending you my compassion for you being in such a worry for your fathers heakth and wellbeing... and hope you´ll feel better soon yourself too

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
here is a scheme of where blood glucose should be at if well controlled , note that only the green area is the normal levels...
50shades - Copy.png

Reactions: Petaluk

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
try to eat a big breakfast with as few carbs as possible, like only eggs and ham, or an avocado with shrimps or ham, or bacon,
meat eggs and many kinds of cheese have hardly got any carbs in them...

and some veggies have so few that they are good together with the very low carb foods as well, like pepper-fruit, cucumber and tomatoes eggplants and zucchinis .. and onions

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you, @kitedoc, for your kind advice. I've already made an appointment with my GP. My blood glucose level was 8.6 a few minutes ago. The other day it went up to 15.5 after I struggled with the fab and awesome LCHF diet due to motivational abnormalities in my mental health disabilities and stressful life circumstances. I'll take my blood glucose meter to the GP today with the last few BGL's on it. I just want to feel better. I may be moving to 24-hour-care supported housing soon, I can't wait. I'm really struggling with my independant living programme and that makes me feel guilty because there's so many people that would give their right arm for my beautiful flat. Thank you so much for your advice, it really does mean a lot. Hugs xXx.
are you on any other meds?

Sminkypinky_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970. I may not have the answers you are looking for but I would like to share with you some personal experience. Have have 2 boys - 16 and 11. The oldest has Asperger's and the youngest ADHD and Tourettes, so I have some experience of how these disabilities can affect an individual - and also how that individual experiences things such as pain and stress differently. It sounds like you are dealing with lots of things and this can take its toll on you. Prioritise your self care - keeping well hydrated, eating well, getting enough sleep and a bit of exercise - but also remember its OK to not do it all every day. I have to say, it sounds like you are doing all the right things - GP appointment, the right housing for you and posting here for support. I know my two boys often experience what seem to be unrelated physical symptoms to stress and also a heightened awareness of how their body is feeling or what it is doing which they then get upset about (eg, most recently, rapid blinking has been causing some issues). My heart goes out to you @JohnnyBaker12021970 for all you are going through right now. You are also an inspiration to me. You have achieved so much by living independently and you are managing your diabetes yourself. Never forget how far you have come. There will always be hiccups along the way, but if you stick to what you know works and take some of the advice from the wonderful, supportive people of this site, I'm sure it will pass. You are doing brilliantly - remind yourself of that daily x

Reactions: donnellysdogs

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
are you on any other meds?
these are the medications that i've been prescribed for my diverse and complex health concerns, @dawnmc:-

Modecate fluphenazine decaonate 75 mg fortnightly injections to block the dopamine neurotransmitters that cause emotional dysregulation and aggression-internalised (not aggression-externalised) autistic meltdowns in my Asperger Syndrome.
Tegretol (carbamazepine) 200 mg twice daily to help control my mood and infer, in a more adequate way, people's emotions in my Asperger Syndrome.
Ramipril 10 mg (antihypertensive) one each morning.
Amlodipine 10 mg (antihypertensive) one each morning
Bendroflumethiazide 2.5 mg (antihypertensive diuretic) one each morning.
Metformin hydrochloride (antihyperglycaemic) one 500 mg in the morning and one 500 mg in the evening
Tamsulosin hydrochloride 400 mcg in the morning (urine stimulating medication for my urinary retention)
Doxazosin 4 mg (antihypertensive) one in the evening.
Atorvastatin 80 mg (anti-hypercholesterolaemia medication) one in the evening.
Bisacodyl (Bowel stimulating medication) 2 x 5 mg in the evening.

All these medications are prepared by my pharmacist in a medication doset box so that I don't omit them through incapacity.

Last edited:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970. I may not have the answers you are looking for but I would like to share with you some personal experience. Have have 2 boys - 16 and 11. The oldest has Asperger's and the youngest ADHD and Tourettes, so I have some experience of how these disabilities can affect an individual - and also how that individual experiences things such as pain and stress differently. It sounds like you are dealing with lots of things and this can take its toll on you. Prioritise your self care - keeping well hydrated, eating well, getting enough sleep and a bit of exercise - but also remember its OK to not do it all every day. I have to say, it sounds like you are doing all the right things - GP appointment, the right housing for you and posting here for support. I know my two boys often experience what seem to be unrelated physical symptoms to stress and also a heightened awareness of how their body is feeling or what it is doing which they then get upset about (eg, most recently, rapid blinking has been causing some issues). My heart goes out to you @JohnnyBaker12021970 for all you are going through right now. You are also an inspiration to me. You have achieved so much by living independently and you are managing your diabetes yourself. Never forget how far you have come. There will always be hiccups along the way, but if you stick to what you know works and take some of the advice from the wonderful, supportive people of this site, I'm sure it will pass. You are doing brilliantly - remind yourself of that daily x
Thank you, @Sminkypinky. Yes it is difficult being on the Spectrum. I often find myself with terrible financial situations because I've memorised by rote what the bible says about giving and expecting nothing back which I've taken completely literally. One of my psychiatrists observed I have zero discernment and financial capacity, too. I'll be so happy when I get a placement in my 24-hour-care assisted living accommodation to help combat my safeguarding problems and my vulnerabilities with my "friends" although I love all my online friends on Facebook and DCUK.

My GP says I have viral gastroenteritis, postular hypotension and quite debilitating and concerning dehydration.

That's what's causing the symptoms that I posted about, @Sminkypinky, my dear friend.

Thank you for your compassion and advice.

Diane60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weak & tired legs, nausea and dizziness.......these symptoms I had recently after 12 months of LCHF diet. Reduced blood sugar drastically but felt awful. I realised that I wasn’t eating enough. I added in an extra meal a day and some B12 tablets and felt better.
Not sure if this will help but just wanted to check you were eating well after all you are coping with. Big hug!

Reactions: Serena51

Steverock

I have the same problems been to my go and got nowhere feel like my legs will collapse even though they don't GPS say its anxiety and lack of confidence but still worried!

michelejane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
reality/celebrity tv, sport
Hi, i am type 1 and often suffer from weak legs and nausea. My gp wants to test my blood for thyroid disorder and also a liver function test. Has anybody else had these?