How Long Before Fasting Bs Corrects After Lapsing?

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I have one the most stressful years of my life - my husband has Parkinsons and this has led to massive life changing issues in the last year. I am afraid my own health was on bavk burner and now my fasting BS up to 10 and 11. I have put myself back into diabetes mode - but only last few days. My diet yesterday - plain porridge with unsweetened almond milk and 3 chopped strawberries. Lunch small wheatgerm bread with cheese and cucumber. Mid aft snack ryvita red Quinoa and sesame seeds x 1 slice. Evening meal salad with 3 small new potatoes and 2 hard boiled eggs followed by light & free blueberry yoghurt. Evening snack a nectarines and one more ryvita Quinoa snack.

Fasting BS this morning - 10.9. I am 2 d gliclazide 80g one before breakfast and one before evening meal plus 1 x SR metformin after breakfast.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have one the most stressful years of my life - my husband has Parkinsons and this has led to massive life changing issues in the last year. I am afraid my own health was on bavk burner and now my fasting BS up to 10 and 11. I have put myself back into diabetes mode - but only last few days. My diet yesterday - plain porridge with unsweetened almond milk and 3 chopped strawberries. Lunch small wheatgerm bread with cheese and cucumber. Mid aft snack ryvita red Quinoa and sesame seeds x 1 slice. Evening meal salad with 3 small new potatoes and 2 hard boiled eggs followed by light & free blueberry yoghurt. Evening snack a nectarines and one more ryvita Quinoa snack.

Fasting BS this morning - 10.9. I am 2 d gliclazide 80g one before breakfast and one before evening meal plus 1 x SR metformin after breakfast.
It will take a little while to bring your numbers down. You need to lose the carbs stop the bread, ryvitas, potatoes. Nectarines are not great either. Keep an eye for on your numbers as I think the glic can cause hypos.

Stress can raise BG and it sounds like you have had loads.

Hang in there. Well done for getting back on track.

Reactions: Petaluk

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is your strategy going to be - more medication to lower your BG levels, or changing your diet to be lower carb and getting lower numbers on the present regime?

Reactions: Moggely

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
What is your strategy going to be - more medication to lower your BG levels, or changing your diet to be lower carb and getting lower numbers on the present regime?
Well the bread is about 2 inches square. The potatoes are very small new. Nectarines just one off. I am slim not really wanting to lose much weight - endochronologist called me skinny T2. I have familial T2 - not weight or poor life style.

Basically I am getting so hungry like never before. I researched gliclazide to find it can cause weight gain and hunger. The hunger feeling is not just munchies - it is an extreme empty feeling that is difficult to ignore! Seeing DB GP in 2 weeks, I was hoping for better blood sugars. I did eat some chocolate as I call it, my antipressant - this year been the stuff of nightmares.
We in the throes of moving - most of the onus on me in every way. Husband is going to sheltered accommodation - due to problems experienced through personality change in Parkinsons. I am going to have granny annex at daughter's, the whole process is dragging on and on. Been very wearing, I know I should be more careful with diet but pretty hard at the moment. And, yes, I know only I can change it.

I was happily jogging along with fairly good readings - out of the blue, about 2 weeks ago they shot up!

Of course I want to control by diet - already cut out rice and pasta my goals loves ans chocolate.

What does everyone else eat to satisfy hunger and keep a handle on blood sugars?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I increase my fat intake if hungry. If I were you, I wouldn't do anything. Stress will message with your numbers.

I would wait until you have moved and settled in, see how you go and get back on track with your diet.

Reactions: ExChocoholic

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You may find this helpful for both of you?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might be an idea to ditch the porridge for bacon and eggs.

When you see your doctor be sure to tell him about your situation over the past year. Your numbers may well settle without increasing your meds.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Well the bread is about 2 inches square. The potatoes are very small new. Nectarines just one off. I am slim not really wanting to lose much weight - endochronologist called me skinny T2. I have familial T2 - not weight or poor life style.

Basically I am getting so hungry like never before. I researched gliclazide to find it can cause weight gain and hunger. The hunger feeling is not just munchies - it is an extreme empty feeling that is difficult to ignore! Seeing DB GP in 2 weeks, I was hoping for better blood sugars. I did eat some chocolate as I call it, my antipressant - this year been the stuff of nightmares.
We in the throes of moving - most of the onus on me in every way. Husband is going to sheltered accommodation - due to problems experienced through personality change in Parkinsons. I am going to have granny annex at daughter's, the whole process is dragging on and on. Been very wearing, I know I should be more careful with diet but pretty hard at the moment. And, yes, I know only I can change it.

I was happily jogging along with fairly good readings - out of the blue, about 2 weeks ago they shot up!

Of course I want to control by diet - already cut out rice and pasta my goals loves ans chocolate.

What does everyone else eat to satisfy hunger and keep a handle on blood sugars?

Sounds like you’re having a rough time at the moment, makes it more difficult to stay on track diet wise. When I’m hungry I have pork scratching, a piece of cheese or a few nuts. They don’t put the blood sugars up. Good luck

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Sounds like you’re having a rough time at the moment, makes it more difficult to stay on track diet wise. When I’m hungry I have pork scratching, a piece of cheese or a few nuts. They don’t put the blood sugars up. Good luck
Nice idea peanuts and cheese. But no pork scratchings for me - do not like pork.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather than small amounts of high carb foods, the bread, fruit, porridge etc, perhaps larger meals of lower carb foods would stop you feeling hungry.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Nice idea peanuts and cheese. But no pork scratchings for me - do not like pork.
Another snack I enjoy is a few squares of 90% cocoa chocolate and a few brazil nuts eaten together (well one at a time!)

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Well. Basically it is as I thought corrections take a while to show. Main meal this evening cold chicken, corn and sweet potato oven chips.

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Another snack I enjoy is a few squares of 90% cocoa chocolate and a few brazil nuts eaten together (well one at a time!)
Now that sounds delish. Thank s nice idea I will try.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well. Basically it is as I thought corrections take a while to show. Main meal this evening cold chicken, corn and sweet potato oven chips.
Sweet potato are higher carb than most regular potato tho..just saying...

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Sweet potato are higher carb than most regular potato tho..just saying...
That's true, but they are a low glycemic index (GI) food, meaning they won't spike blood sugar as much as regular potatos. Oh, and I have extremely small portion.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had sweet potato in a stew and barely got a blip. I tried to make an alternative to roast potato but baking in the oven changed its chemical make up and post meal my numbers were stratospheric.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
low glycemic index (GI) food
Not sure I believe all that low GI stuff but if you can do it then fine. However I doubt it will help in lowering your blood sugars which after all is what you are trying to do?

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Not sure I believe all that low GI stuff but if you can do it then fine. However I doubt it will help in lowering your blood sugars which after all is what you are trying to do?
Only time will tell.