Waterproof Dressing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm looking for a good waterproof dressing to A. Hold the libre sensor in place and B. Allow me to go swimming.
I've tried TEGADERM but the film doesn't seem to stick very well to my skin

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello, if i'm only going in the pool a few times for up to 40 minutes for the duration of the sensor then I don't use anything on the libre and have no issues, I would use Tegarderm if i'm swimming daily though and haven't had any issues with it, altho it does start to flap around the edges after a week or so and so would replace it then as it looks a bit shabby. Others have used rock tape so might be worth trying this ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was swimming before I got the libre I would be in there for anywhere from 2hrs to 2.5hrs swimming on the surface and subsurface using a snorkle. I put a new sensor on this afternoon and within an hour the TEGADERM had stopped sticking to me the only thing it was stuck to was the sensor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Juicyj thanks for the tip with the rock tape I bought some rock tape H2O and went for my usual swim it's kept the sensor dry and in place many many thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Juicyj thanks for the tip with the rock tape I bought some rock tape H2O and went for my usual swim it's kept the sensor dry and in place many many thanks

That's good to hear thanks for the feedback :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Opsite Flexifix. Swim for an hour at a time, at least twice a week. As I am now using products underneath the sensor to prevent the allergic reaction I unfortunately get I leave on for a fortnight. It is still on at the end.