Rapid Hba1c Drop

Clackdish

After an unexpectedly bad result ,94 ,
I got a grip and totally changed things with a vengeance, 7 weeks later had a follow up and now sat at 47 !!! doc says it could be due to a combination of things but just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Very well done. Are you T2?
Yes others have achieved something similar and your can read their stories in the Success Stories and Testimonials section of the forum. Maybe have a look there, and maybe add your own success story to tell people how you did it. @Debandez has been putting together a booklet of inspirational stories to offer newly diagnosed people and to encourage healthcare professionals to do more to support those who tackle their condition in the right way.
Give yourself a pat on the back for excellent results.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen

Congratulations on the improvement.

Yes, there are very many people who have managed to do the same, there is a thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/success-stories-and-testimonials.43/ with many examples.

Despite this, nobody ever tires of hearing about members successfully reversing their diabetes. It inspires everyone to either continue with what they are doing, or for those who haven't quite managed such a drop, it inspires them to know it can be done.

Well done again.

Clackdish

Very well done. Are you T2?
Yes others have achieved something similar and your can read their stories in the Success Stories and Testimonials section of the forum. Maybe have a look there, and maybe add your own success story to tell people how you did it. @Debandez has been putting together a booklet of inspirational stories to offer newly diagnosed people and to encourage healthcare professionals to do more to support those who tackle their condition in the right way.
Give yourself a pat on the back for excellent results.

Yes sorry T2 rhubarb , thanks for your nice comment will check out the testimonial section

Reactions: Debandez

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a grip and totally changed things with a vengeance, 7 weeks later had a follow up and now sat at 47 !!! doc says it could be due to a combination of things but just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen
87 to 45 in 8 weeks.. so not quite so impressive as yours but yes it can be done. Excellent results.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Yes sorry T2 rhubarb , thanks for your nice comment will check out the testimonial section
You have nothing to apologise for! I hope you don’t think I was criticising- just trying to answer your question and point you in the right direction.
Be proud of what you’ve done. Tell us how you did it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup, 70 to 45 in 8 weeks then down to 36 in another 8 weeks, and I’ve kept it mid 30s for a year now. I did it by low carb, self monitoring and Metformin (which I recently reduced), how about you @Clackdish ?

Clackdish

You have nothing to apologise for! I hope you don’t think I was criticising- just trying to answer your question and point you in the right direction.
Be proud of what you’ve done. Tell us how you did it.
No my friend far from it appreciate the support , should have mentioned I was T2 in the first place , well I am an ex blond ha ha now in the ranks of the baldy brigade

Clackdish

Yup, 70 to 45 in 8 weeks then down to 36 in another 8 weeks, and I’ve kept it mid 30s for a year now. I did it by low carb, self monitoring and Metformin (which I recently reduced), how about you @Clackdish ?
Same thing as you basically ,found slimming world a massive help,thanks Mrs wells ha ha , and cut out refined food , used whole grain instead ,water and black coffee , no fizzy, diet or otherwise, though I don't think that made much difference ,and metformin

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

well done...

I did almost the same initially though not as fast , hoped to be cured but, had to realize it is really the long hard fight that does the job and that being cured really is not at hand yet... untill science finds more out of this condition... it is as if all cells reject insuline the ability to work optimally and yes we can keep HbA1c low in the normal range by eating low carb foods, but to really be cured we should be able again to eat all kinds of foods and not really look so much at the carbs... and that is only possible to the very few..
we need to keep the change in eating style to keep high average blood glucose at bay

Reactions: Clackdish
P

pollensa

Amazing, Congratulations. Its probably as yo say "got grip" totally changed things....as you asked if anyone else had the same situation, you could ask if the first result was 100% correct i.e. was that only one test was it two the same 94 for example, I only ask, as I had my first A1C test, only one test to diagnose not two, and it proved discordant, I was informed it was correct, I did not accept this due to discordant areas, asked for indepth search into the result /lab, turned out to be an error,as suspected, i.e. the number stated shown of 8.1% was infact a typographical error!! had I not pushed would not found this out, this was a situation of big difference of A1C compared to the second test similar to your own situation, lab errors can take place few and far between, but it can happen, I speak from first hand experience, however, having said that, it may well be you changed it all around, from 94 to 47, so wow wow and wow factor keep it up whatever you did. Fantastico as we say in Spain.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely brilliant! Well done you.

For info;

HBA1C 62 1ST TEST December 17
HBA1C 59 2ND TEST a few days later
Weight 14 stone 7lbs
LCHF straight away
HBA1C 47 (prediabetic level) 6 FEB (lab)
HBA1C 41 (normal) 15/5 (lab)
Weight after 6 months 10 stone 13 lbs

LCHF woe since diagnosis. Eating to my meter.

Hope this helps.

Clackdish

Amazing, Congratulations. Its probably as yo say "got grip" totally changed things....as you asked if anyone else had the same situation, you could ask if the first result was 100% correct i.e. was that only one test was it two the same 94 for example, I only ask, as I had my first A1C test, only one test to diagnose not two, and it proved discordant, I was informed it was correct, I did not accept this due to discordant areas, asked for indepth search into the result /lab, turned out to be an error,as suspected, i.e. the number stated shown of 8.1% was infact a typographical error!! had I not pushed would not found this out, this was a situation of big difference of A1C compared to the second test similar to your own situation, lab errors can take place few and far between, but it can happen, I speak from first hand experience, however, having said that, it may well be you changed it all around, from 94 to 47, so wow wow and wow factor keep it up whatever you did. Fantastico as we say in Spain.
Previous one was 64 then the high one, docs are thinking some sort of error but won't admit as such lol although they did say what I have achieved as not as uncommon as I think but as over the moon as I am about things

Reactions: pollensa