Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi all
I’ve just got back from a very boozy weekend in Dublin . I’m pleased to say I’ve spent 2 days drinking coots light at 5gr carbs a pint and yes wait for it . Bulmers/magners light at 0 to 2 gr a 500 ml bottle . Had a ball so glad there’s civilisations that sell low carb beer and cider in their pubs . Haven’t come across any bars in UK that sell low carb on tap

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Seriously considering moving back to Ireland . Why don’t bars in the uk sell light beer and cider

Reactions: zand

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I’ve just got back from a very boozy weekend in Dublin . I’m pleased to say I’ve spent 2 days drinking coots light at 5gr carbs a pint and yes wait for it . Bulmers/magners light at 0 to 2 gr a 500 ml bottle . Had a ball so glad there’s civilisations that sell low carb beer and cider in their pubs . Haven’t come across any bars in UK that sell low carb on tap

Right, you're encouraging and confusing at the same time!
Do you mean Coors Light or a derivative of the Kootenay (light) Ale brewed in Creston, BC, Canada?
(A coot is a bird that clucks and spends quite a lot of time with it's bottom in the air - behaviour perhaps of someone who has had too much ale!).

I have gone over 12 months avoiding beer of any kind (I didn't used to believe me).
I agree, it would be great if pubs gave us a low carb option.
I'm glad you enjoyed your research trip. Dublin is a fabulous city.

Reactions: Hdm10564

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
coors light was on tap recently at my local ..i thought it was about12 grams carbs..the magners light sounds good ..im going this weekend to spain for stag do ... cant see me avoiding beer.............

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Right, you're encouraging and confusing at the same time!
Do you mean Coors Light or a derivative of the Kootenay (light) Ale brewed in Creston, BC, Canada?
(A coot is a bird that clucks and spends quite a lot of time with it's bottom in the air - behaviour perhaps of someone who has had too much ale!).

I have gone over 12 months avoiding beer of any kind (I didn't used to believe me).
I agree, it would be great if pubs gave us a low carb option.
I'm glad you enjoyed your research trip. Dublin is a fabulous city.
Oooops so it was a typo Coors Light and magners/ Bulmers light

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Because it's horrible?
Coors light is ok and is 4.6%
Magners /Bulmers is good as well and is the same strength as original . Just low carbs in both , and before I was diagnosed I drank magners a lot . Not much difference in the taste . The reason they don’t sell it in the UK is prob because the pubs are owned by the brewery’s and they don’t think they can tap into a low carb market . Whereas in Ireland pubs are owned by people who want to have as broad a demographic as possible because of the intense competition between businesses

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coors light is ok and is 4.6%
Magners /Bulmers is good as well and is the same strength as original . Just low carbs in both , and before I was diagnosed I drank magners a lot . Not much difference in the taste . The reason they don’t sell it in the UK is prob because the pubs are owned by the brewery’s and they don’t think they can tap into a low carb market . Whereas in Ireland pubs are owned by people who want to have as broad a demographic as possible because of the intense competition between businesses
what happened to holsten pils in bottles ? ..back in the day it was advertised for diabetics i believe [1970s]

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
what happened to holsten pils in bottles ? ..back in the day it was advertised for diabetics i believe [1970s]
Way to strong that stuff . Would give you a hangover while drinking it

BB8.HG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd kill for a low carb pint. So hard to have a proper day session on spirits

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'd kill for a low carb pint. So hard to have a proper day session on spirits
Get over to Dublin for a long weekend and get on the bulmers light or Coors light . Have a blasht

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Coors .. one beer I miss dreadfully. Much better than any Australian beer