Type 2 Kwik Pen

Reese

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using Insulin for a few years not and had no real problems with it, until my surgery changed my brand of Insulin to Kwik Pen. I'm now experiencing side effects. My skin has broken out in hives, it's even in my scalp, and it is really itchy; I took an antihistamine and that helped. It has been getting more and more painful to inject, and I am now reluctant to inject myself (I don't miss a dose).
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this and what I should do about it. I'm not sure if I should speak with the nurse at my surgery.
Please help

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I've been using Insulin for a few years not and had no real problems with it, until my surgery changed my brand of Insulin to Kwik Pen. I'm now experiencing side effects. My skin has broken out in hives, it's even in my scalp, and it is really itchy; I took an antihistamine and that helped. It has been getting more and more painful to inject, and I am now reluctant to inject myself (I don't miss a dose).
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this and what I should do about it. I'm not sure if I should speak with the nurse at my surgery.
Please help
Doesn't sound good. It looks like you have answered your own question.....go speak with the nurse at your surgery :)

K

Knikki

Doing a Google on that pen seems it is a Humalog insulin that your using?

If your getting that type of reaction I would be straight back to the surgrey knocking on the nurses door.

That really does not sound right at all.

S

Sani Thomas

Please help
Sounds like a sensitivity, or allergy. In any case, you must check with your gp/DN and change it. I wouldn't be surprised if you BS are up too. Injecting shouldn't be painful.
Don't delay!

chaoticliloj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I had the same thing with one I was using, it wasn’t insulin but an injection form of Januvia - it made me have allergic reactions. It could be the needle but in my case I’m using the same needles in my victoza pen so it would have been an ingredient in the liquid. I changed to victoza and have been fine since, so it might be worth asking to change to a different manufacturer of insulin you use

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Humalog kwikpen U100, been using it for almost 10 months and not even once did I have a reaction. Strange.