Where To Get Abbott Freestyle Libre Sensors From??

Aimee_lou

Hi

I’m a bit late to the party but looking at going on to the Libre but struggling at finding sensors online. I have read people get them from boots/Asda etc but can’t find them online. Do you need to go in store to get them or any ideas where else, but aren’t charging stupid money (well more stupid then they already are)

Thanks

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
iv heard same that you can get it from asda and boots tbh im not sure where else you can get it

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When your diabetes misbehaves for no apparent reason.
Hi

I’m a bit late to the party but looking at going on to the Libre but struggling at finding sensors online. I have read people get them from boots/Asda etc but can’t find them online. Do you need to go in store to get them or any ideas where else, but aren’t charging stupid money (well more stupid then they already are)

Thanks
Boots have stopped selling them now unless you have a prescription, apparently. Superdrug pharmacy can get them for £35, which I found to be the cheapest place. You can't get them online though, you have to go the store/pharmacy as you have to fill in a VAT exemption form.

Aimee_lou

Boots have stopped selling them now unless you have a prescription, apparently. Superdrug pharmacy can get them for £35, which I found to be the cheapest place. You can't get them online though, you have to go the store/pharmacy as you have to fill in a VAT exemption form.

Thank you will head there tomorrow!!! Seem to be a bit of a shortage at the moment by the looks of it

Aimee_lou

Sorry to be a pain, just been looking on Superdrug website and I’m guessing it has to be a Superdrug that has a pharmacy?

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you will head there tomorrow!!! Seem to be a bit of a shortage at the moment by the looks of it
Great, if you are going to Superdrug, just make sure it has a pharmacy in store, as not all do. Good luck!

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry to be a pain, just been looking on Superdrug website and I’m guessing it has to be a Superdrug that has a pharmacy?
Yes it does, it is a pharmacy product.

paganlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get mine from Asda, I just rang them and asked if they had them.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It’s best to call the Superdrug pharmacy before you head in as some have to order them in and dont keep them as stock items.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
If Superdrug don’t have the ordering capacity - they have a monthly quota - try Asda, more expensive that Superdrug but they can usually get them the following day. Both are cheaper than the last order I put through to Abbot.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or try your local pharmacy where you get your prescriptions from. Have a price agreement with mine and I go in and just get them off the shelf.