Blood Test Results

Geoffno6

Here are my latest blood test results. I would be intrigued to see other people’s results and get any feedback on these.
The one figure I do get is the Hba1c of 67 which is down from 126 at the end of June. I mention it again and thank you guys on the forum for the encouragement that made it possible.
My DN said my cholesterol is up, so maybe I need to reduce the 4 eggs per day to get it down from 5.5.
The one thing it doesn’t show is that I don’t need to lose any
View attachment 28434

Last edited:
M

Moggely

Oh wow i think you have done remarkably well thus far, as far cholesterol goes, mine is, total 5.4 and i think the numbers is over rated. However there are a few in here that's very knowledgeable about cholesterol. Your doing great, i think, so congratulations on the great reductions.

Reactions: Geoffno6

Geoffno6

Thx @Moggely
IMG_7370.jpg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here are my latest blood test results. I would be intrigued to see other people’s results and get any feedback on these.
The one figure I do get is the Hba1c of 67 which is down from 126 at the end of June. I mention it again and thank you guys on the forum for the encouragement that made it possible.
My DN said my cholesterol is up, so maybe I need to reduce the 4 eggs per day to get it down from 5.5.
The one thing it doesn’t show is that I don’t need to lose any
View attachment 28434

Very well done on the HbA1c reduction. Heading in the right direction. :)

Why would you need to reduce your egg consumption? Cholesterol is essential for our bodies to work properly, so our liver makes it. Our liver doesn't rely on obtaining it from food. It makes it as and when it is needed. If we consume food such as eggs that contain cholesterol, the liver simply makes less of it, so at the end of the day we end up with a similar amount whether we eat eggs or not. This has been known for some time.

Your cholesterol and lipids look absolutely fine to me. The total is meaningless on its own as it is just the total of the good and the not so good. The higher the good, the higher the total will be.

Did you fast for this test? To get an accurate triglyceride result you need to fast, otherwise it could be raised, especially if you had recently been eating something fatty.

Geoffno6

Thanks for the feedback @Bluetit1802. I mentioned egg consumption because I thought high egg consumption could cause high cholesterol. I’ll stop worrying about it.
The test wasn’t fasted but it was at 9am and I’d only had a small bowl of keto porridge but that would have some fat in it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re triglycerides, my favourite doctor, Dr Google says 1.7 mmo or less is ok and I’m on 1.3. Is that ok?

As you didn't fast, that is a very good result. There is a different target for non-fasting tests. It is under 2.3. So you are well within that. I suggest next time you fast for 12 hours before the test.

You can enter your figures in this calculaor to see how you are, and remember, it is the ratios that matter, not the individual levels.

http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing results well done plus your cholesterol results look good. Don’t ditch the eggs if you enjoy eating them!
Big pat on the back for you what a big drop so quickly only three months - from a very high starting point.
You’re clearly doing the right things keep going.