Low Carb

Bridie9408

I gave up on low carb because I just could not get used to it and I really miss my bread. Any ideas for a quick simple sandwich.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese slice, Slice of Ham, Cheese slice or vica versa

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Do you mean that you want to have bread on a low carb diet? You could try one of the high protein breads that are lower in carbs than your typical white sliced bread. Or there are recipes for very low carb bread alternatives on-line.
Or do you mean that you have given up completely on the low carb? If so, you are free to eat whatever you like but this may not suit your blood glucose levels or your waistline.

D

Deleted member 308541

I gave up on low carb because I just could not get used to it and I really miss my bread.
We get lower carb Herman Brot bread here.

ODWe0wK.png

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe try one slice of bread, aprox 17 carbs.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe try one slice of bread, aprox 17 carbs.

I am afraid bread is addictive...

Carbs in general are addictive. Same goes for noodles, rice and pastries...I can't stop once I start...so I find it easier not to get started. Just eat my roast pork belly, nuts, cheese, dark chocolates...

Reactions: Chuckannuck

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am afraid bread is addictive...

Carbs in general are addictive. Same goes for noodles, rice and pastries...I can't stop once I start...so I find it easier not to get started. Just eat my roast pork belly, nuts, cheese, dark chocolates...

Hi Kokhongw, I know but I thought the poster was saying he was going to have bread anyway so was looking for advice on what sort. I'm lucky because I can have one slice every so often so if the poster can do that, maybe he can have his odd slice of bread which might stop him giving up :)low carb altogether.

Reactions: kokhongw

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bridie9408 I believe - from previous posts - that you are T1? So presumably you could cheat a little and just bolus for the carbs in your sandwich. Unless of course you're worried about setting off carby cravings - in which case you could try Livlife or Carbzone to name a couple of low carb breads.

Robbity

M

Moggely

We get lower carb Herman Brot bread here.

ODWe0wK.png
@Tipetoo . Thanks so much for posting that as we live in Tasmania and i have yet to find a LC Bread. So i goggled it and voila. I might give it a go. Thanks again. 5 carbs a 1 slice surely wouldn't hurt. However i will do a blood check after it. Haven't had bread for 7 months now.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo . Thanks so much for posting that as we live in Tasmania and i have yet to find a LC Bread. So i goggled it and voila. I might give it a go. Thanks again. 5 carbs a 1 slice surely wouldn't hurt. However i will do a blood check after it. Haven't had bread for 7 months now.
Two slices are 5.4 grams. I get mine from the Go Vita health food stores, but Herman Brot do mail orders from Southport Qld.

Here's a pix when I did a test when I first stared eating it, you work from the bottom up to the top.

5FLpYx2.jpg

M

Moggely

Two slices are 5.4 grams. I get mine from the Go Vita health food stores, but Herman Brot do mail orders from Southport Qld.

Here's a pix when I did a test when I first stared eating it, you work from the bottom up to the top.

5FLpYx2.jpg
Oh i see @Tipetoo 5.4 for 2 slices. Wow almost to good to be true. I goggled it tasmania and many IGA stores gave it. Very impressive figues you have posted they hardly even moved. Hope it tastes good lol.:)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave up on low carb because I just could not get used to it and I really miss my bread. Any ideas for a quick simple sandwich.
If you still want bread try Tesco’s high protein loaf - it freezes well and I find that 1 slice, loaded with filling, is sufficient. Makes nice toast too!

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the Livelife bread with 3.8g carbs per slice. They are small slices. It has s similar taste to M&S sandwiches. All my family eat it now. In Waitrose and I’m sure other supermarkets. It also freezes well and lasts s long time.

Reactions: Ledzeptt
D

Deleted member 308541

Oh i see @Tipetoo 5.4 for 2 slices. Wow almost to good to be true. I goggled it tasmania and many IGA stores gave it. Very impressive figues you have posted they hardly even moved. Hope it tastes good lol.:)
Good to hear that IGA sell it, all of our IGA shop in Bundaberg closed down a while back, to much competion from Colesworth and Aldi.

The bread tastes great after nearly two years with out eating any, it has a fair few nuts and bolts in the mix though.

2uAvWSz.jpg

achike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Bridie9408 - Eat 2 slices of white bread for breakfast with Acarbose 50mg tablets.

Take your other diabetic prescription drugs, necessary control measures, diets and non-vigourous exercise. You will have no problems as I been under control for 22 years of DT2.

Edited by moderator to remove medical advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
Morrisons tesco and asda all do high protein bread only 8 or nine
Carbs a slice u can get lower from sainsbury but each slice is like a jacoob cracker and u cant fit sasauge and bacon on them

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
Morrisons tesco and asda all do high protein bread only 8 or nine
Carbs a slice u can get lower from sainsbury but each slice is like a jacoob cracker and u cant fit sasauge and bacon on them
Ps dont give up on the low carb it really works

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
Ps dont give up on the low carb it really works
Look on amazon they do low carb wraps 4carbs a wrap instead of 35 u can have stuff on them instead of bread aswell i do bacon and egg wraps type in carbzone they do everything low carb

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bridie9408 - Eat 2 slices of white bread for breakfast with Acarbose 50mg tablets.

Take your other diabetic prescription drugs, necessary control measures, diets and non-vigourous exercise. You will have no problems as I been under control for 22 years of DT2.

Or alternatively just eat what you would have put between the bread without the bread and avoid the medication?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast sandwich is probably my favorite food item in the world. So far I have tried "cloud bread", and english muffins made primarily from almond meal as substitutes. The english muffin is pretty high calorie but is an excellent substitute. It can be made in minutes in the microwave. Cloud bread works, has a better nutritional profile for weight maintenance, but it's a bit insubstantial as a sandwich bread. It also needs to be made ahead of time as it's an oven-bake. I plan to experiment with cauliflower based substitutes, but I need a food processor, which I dont have right now.

Reactions: Brunneria