What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 thanks for the advice earlier re cardamon in curry and cumin. This time I doubled tbe recipe and I dont think that always works to double all the spices. I quite like cardamon but its star anise I find can be overpowering. Most of all thoughthanks for the encouragement and validation which I sometimes need because I doubt myself too easily. Theres nothing for it but to carry on regardless......x
Hi @PenguinMum should that read "Curry on regardless" :)

Reactions: DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen
It was 20 years ago today Sgt Pepper taught the band to play.
It was 49 years today I started my apprenticeship at British Aircraft Corporation.
And most of all
It was 40 years today I married Mrs J...
She must love me, she made the tea this morning.
After a celebratory excellent Indian last night my blood sugars were 6.2 this morning.

Have a good day folks. Mrs J intends to.
Happy anniversary alf and mrs j have a fabulous day xx

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen
It was 20 years ago today Sgt Pepper taught the band to play.
It was 49 years today I started my apprenticeship at British Aircraft Corporation.
And most of all
It was 40 years today I married Mrs J...
She must love me, she made the tea this morning.
After a celebratory excellent Indian last night my blood sugars were 6.2 this morning.

Have a good day folks. Mrs J intends to.

Wow congratulations

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon...checking in late today...heavily engaged in a round of de-cluttering my life...firstly inside the house needs a dammed good tidy and I need to be brutal about what goes...secondly the out buildings (that sounds rather grand but those consist of one outhouse & a couple of sheds) which still contain unopened packing boxes from when we moved in five years ago...woke to a 5.9 & a willing spirit ...however the flesh is definitely weak ( I so love a good cliché)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. This is only the second time ever my waking blood glucose has been below 5.

I made a low carb Beef Bourguignon for dinner last night with a cauliflower-celeriac mash. My husband says he's eating better since I went low carb (he still eats bread and isn't low carb himself.)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. This is only the second time ever my waking blood glucose has been below 5.

I made a low carb Beef Bourguignon for dinner last night with a cauliflower-celeriac mash. My husband says he's eating better since I went low carb (he still eats bread and isn't low carb himself.)
Fantastic news on the sub 5 reading and husband seeing the benefits.

Merrylizard1314

fbg 3.8 ketones 3.0 lovely morning on the hill today. The kangaroos have been coming down into the garden to mow the grass and leave fertiliser behind, but there was a little rain last week, so perhaps the drought will finally end soon.

On another front, I have received a Freestyle Libre, and I am willing to give it a trial, but not if I have to give up swimming- does anyone have experience of how to keep it waterproof? I have read some conflicting reports.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Point of this? If you have a WOE and exercising that has been working for you think twice about changing things. Seemingly, bodies are delicate little ecosystems.

True dat! What is your plan ‘going forward,? What were you doing 6 months ago that obviously suited you?

Reactions: OrsonKartt