What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A mahoosive 9.8 in one finger this morning so I tried another finger and got 5.2, makes you wonder about these machines we use.
Likely you had something on that finger that gave the 9.8 reading trick...it often happens.

Reactions: trick60

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Onset of Autumn delayed although Wednesday does not look propitious. 5.4 today from the meter, more Regatta than Arc'teryx but serviceable for now.
@DJC3 True dat! What is your plan ‘going forward,? What were you doing 6 months ago that obviously suited you?
Mainly paddling my own canoe without fully buying into LCHFs gurus. Developed a bad case of knowing the difference between data, information and knowledge. and not applying it. Tacit knowledge is way more important in this game IMHO:arghh:

Last edited:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.5 today. Starting keto diet at 20g carbs a day today.
@ianpspurs, thanks for the kind words. Dads bday rolled into a 2 day event, with some people showing up a day late due to mixup. But a special time definitely.
Congratulations @alf_Josiah to you and your bride, what a great life you have made together.

Light Misty rain here, long walk for me.
Hope everyone is well. Have a great day everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone :)

4.3 today

out for lunch today come rain or shine, and that's what we've had already this morning, rain or shine, nothing in between, either it's sunny or it's piddling down ;)

Hope your Monday is a good one :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah happy anniversary to you and your wife
@Canvaspic hope your keto goes well - I really enjoy it and still at it 10+ months later.
@PenguinMum not fair when you’re doing the right thing what a lottery it is - our bodies have their own ideas
5.4 lateish this morning was 4.8 yesterday but forgot to post! As usual very little rhyme or reason for the different numbers re what I ate!
Happy Monday everyone