Help Finding Article

darenu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I hope someone can point me to an article I read on here some time back. I believe it was a female writer explaining the rollercoaster ride of her pancreas whilst suffering from severe insulin resistance.

Thanks in advance

Daren

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm afraid we may need a few more clues. Was it Jenny Ruhl by any chance?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi, I hope someone can point me to an article I read on here some time back. I believe it was a female writer explaining the rollercoaster ride of her pancreas whilst suffering from severe insulin resistance.

Thanks in advance

Daren

Are you looking for a link to an external article or a post on this forum by a contributor?

darenu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It was linked into a thread on here, a couple of articles. It was fascinating and I was looking to use it to explain my situation with work.

It basically explained the normal response of the pancreas, as apposed to someone with diabetes/insulin resistance, where it is on a constant rollercoaster ride.

darenu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm afraid we may need a few more clues. Was it Jenny Ruhl by any chance?

I’ve searched Jenny Ruhl but it isn’t the same article. Sorry, my age means I can’t remember much these days......

There were two links in the thread and I remember the article explaining the pancreas is supposed to fine tune the system with small amounts of insulin, but instead it is splurting out copious amounts day in day out.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I’ve searched Jenny Ruhl but it isn’t the same article. Sorry, my age means I can’t remember much these days......

There were two links in the thread and I remember the article explaining the pancreas is supposed to fine tune the system with small amounts of insulin, but instead it is splurting out copious amounts day in day out.

Sorry, I can't be of any help except I understand about poor memory, it can be very frustrating at times. Hopefully other members will recollect.

Edited to add.

I fyou happened to comment on that thread it may help to search your postings, you may get a hint from a particular thread title or from the name of the member who posted the original thread. Good luck.

Reactions: darenu