Pump On Holiday

Toriroge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys , I'm off on honeymoon next Sunday and just wanted some pump users advice

This will be my first holiday with a pump on and I like to spend the day in the pool I know the pump sets don't stay on for long in the water any advice to keep it on for longer?
Or do people go back to injecting in the day so can be swimming as much as they want to ?

And advice would be great thank you x

_becs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I've heard of some people switching to injections whilst on holiday but I stay with my pump usually. I did spend all day at a water park though so I took my pump off and put the plastic end on and injected instead and went back to pumping the next day. I know some people use skintac or those stickers that surround CGM's but personally it was fine for me and was still stuck well to use the next day.
I went on a day boat trip too but just kept my pump on and took it off for the water activities (apparently the animas is waterproof I just didn't trust it :)) which weren't really an hour so just kept an eye and gave a bolus if needed.
I kept my pump, insulin and meter under the towel or sunbed so it didn't get too hot- though normally I try to remember a Frio wallet to keep it cool.
Have fun x

Toriroge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi becs, thank you I know we are going to a water park so will probably do the same.
I thought I would wear the pump every evening and morning until I get in the pool then will have a pen with me to inject inbetween x