What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Mrs J insisted we went away to celebrate our previously mentioned wedding anniversary, being under the marital thumb, away we went. Jersey was the destination, no not the clothing. We had a great time. Nice place.
I dutifully took my blood sugars which varied between 5.4 and 7.5 with today being 6.1
Well folks it's back to my abnormality now. I have to go to Staines this afternoon for a meeting with a meal at the end, I just hope I don't have to do the speach, but I usually do. If I do my topic could be fasting seeing as will all have had a meal.
Have a great day folks.

Edit I never found out what happened to the golfers who's golf sticks were left in England.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.3 today. Cloudy but otherwise ok here. Wondering if it is time to start taking vitamin D, for the autumn.
Didnt bother with the ketone strip as BG outside range. Might as well leave it till next week. Sticking to the diet will suffice for this week.
Long walk on the cards. Hope everyone is well. Have a great Saturday.
I’ve restarted my vitamin D already ! Hope you have a good week ahead.

Reactions: Petaluk

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, interesting visit with the nurse yesterday, recent blood test shows HBA 1C of 36, it was 92 in April when I was diagnosed, start weening myself off the metformin straight away and we'll see you in three months, still a bit gobsmacked.

We are similar. Mine has gone down to 37.

I suggest please put this in the Success Stories & Testimonials section of this forum mate.

Congratulations you!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2. And as I suspected my little chocolate treat at about 9pm (2 pieces of 85%) was raising it slightly in the morning. I didn't eat after 6.45 last night and bingo. Thanks @shelley262 for the guidance. Much appreciated. Still maintained my weight too. And tonight I'm going for an extra large kebab (in a tray no pitta ). No chocolate for dessert!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away most of this week had a mix of 8's and yesterday and today 7.8 and 7.4 so although not good at least no nasty 9's lol
Just like the rest of us @mojo37 all you can do is your best in the light of your circumstances. Looks to me like you are, so good on yer:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, interesting visit with the nurse yesterday, recent blood test shows HBA 1C of 36, it was 92 in April when I was diagnosed, start weening myself off the metformin straight away and we'll see you in three months, still a bit gobsmacked.

Congratulations!