Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
On a phone, select the bit of text you want to quote, and it brings up a "reply" label just beneath the selected text, click that to put it in the reply box. Haven't tried it on a computer but I imagine it's similar.

Here's how it looks:

View attachment 28518

Thank you, handy to know.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. At least that's how I do it from a browser

Oh wow thanks, I hope this has worked. I’m on Safari on my iPad and that’s worked I think!

Edit, yes it did work and is much quicker!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you goes to @feniangirl for starting this silly... erm... very useful thread that is not a thread. :)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
On the ancient Usenet news sites, it was considered polite to indicate that you had removed (snipped) part of a comment. It is very easy to change the sense of a comment by selective quoting (look at any theatre or book review).

"I came to the theatre expecting to be enthralled. Instead I was appalled."

Review "...enthralled..." but at least the dots hint at ommited words.

Not sure how best to indicate this if you highlight then reply.

Being upfront about snipping can reduce the number of complaints from the Original Poster (OP) that part of a comment has been taken out of context. As in the review above.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Thank you goes to @feniangirl for starting this silly... erm... very useful thread that is not a thread. :)

Made me think of how you could post a "not thread".

Does a blog count? Never used the feature and very rarely looked at any.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
... [red] if you highlight then reply.

After you click 'reply' you can add dots or whatever before and after the text you comment on, as long as you keep it within the [QUOTE.] / [/QUOTE] (unquote) html code. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Made me think of how you could post a "not thread".

Does a blog count? Never used the feature and very rarely looked at any.

Well, I know that this thread has been of more use than one. I had always questioned why the 'useful' emoji was a carrot. This thread made me expand my screen only to find that it is a spanner not a carrot. Who knew?

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I. I also have to Google half of the foods mentioned, as I am not familiar with them. And I am still working out some abbreviations. :happy:

Hi,

I see that you are American. Since it's a British site so some of the food/food terms are not as familiar to those of us on the other side of the ocean. I'm a Canadian with quite a bit of Scottish heritage so that helps me (although my mom is an American originally, she cooked some British foods/desserts for my dad.) I figure learning new terms always is good to expand one's horizons. :) (I did have to google exactly how much a 'stone' was - I knew it was over 10 lbs but didn't know the exact amount - 14 lbs). My American mom (age 90) told me that when she was little, she used to hear her grandparents talking weight in stones, so that measure was used over here at one time.

Welcome.

Last edited:

Geoffno6

I am still getting used to the format here. But I am stuck with how to "tag" someone in a post. Directions would be appreciated. BTW, who'd have believed it. I also have to Google half of the foods mentioned, as I am not familiar with them. And I am still working out some abbreviations. :confused: Definitely a learning curve here. Thanks for a great site and tons of valuable information:happy:

It is a bit of a learning curve, weird acronyms, food stuffs, messed up forum posts, but worth it. You’ll soon be using jargon and have inulin and psyllium husk in your food cupboard.