What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 - another amazing transformation. There's hope for me yet. Bed 5.4 FBG 5.8. As I mentioned I had the boys this morning so it was kind of quick and grab during the day. Mega rain today. Hubby at the football tomorrow so I'm hoping it will be dryer tomorrow so I can have a housework day.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and a slice of Tesco's high protein bread with a slice of cheddar melted on top again.
L. When I got back settled for a slice of roast pork rolled around a spoonful of cheese savoury and lettuce.
D. Got 4 tiny lemon sole at the fish hut. Pan fried plain in butter, lemon and parsley with a few sweet potato chips and wilted spinach.
Scoop of Breyers cookie dough ice cream.
@DJC3 - now I need to remove the thoughts of warmed Baileys and Drambuie from my brain! Best cold remedy ever!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262
@DJC3 - now I need to remove the thoughts of warmed Baileys and Drambuie from my brain! Best cold remedy ever!
Best way to take Drambuie is with Whisky as a rusty nail. IMHO cold's need copious quantities of Pusser's rum - not sure it does anything for the cold but when you eventually wake up properly it is magically gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My passport has expired so no problems here! :joyful: I don’t feel like my face looks much different but my old next door neighbour who I hadn’t seen for a while recently nearly walk passed me so maybe it has?!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried halloumi chips with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: lemon chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: cold roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw andoirk scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC granola.
It’s really strange when that happens you spot someone familiar and start smiling in recognition at them and they walk straight past! It’s happened to me a fair few times.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 - another amazing transformation. There's hope for me yet. Bed 5.4 FBG 5.8. As I mentioned I had the boys this morning so it was kind of quick and grab during the day. Mega rain today. Hubby at the football tomorrow so I'm hoping it will be dryer tomorrow so I can have a housework day.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and a slice of Tesco's high protein bread with a slice of cheddar melted on top again.
L. When I got back settled for a slice of roast pork rolled around a spoonful of cheese savoury and lettuce.
D. Got 4 tiny lemon sole at the fish hut. Pan fried plain in butter, lemon and parsley with a few sweet potato chips and wilted spinach.
Scoop of Breyers cookie dough ice cream.

Your dinner sounds like a perfect meal to me - I love lemon sole.
Good luck with the housework day, I’m fighting a losing battle against the spiders.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best way to take Drambuie is with Whisky as a rusty nail. IMHO cold's need copious quantities of Pusser's rum - not sure it does anything for the cold but when you eventually wake up properly it is magically gone.

I used to love a rusty nail too. Never failed to give me a splitting headache the next day though.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 - There are loads and loads of sous vide infusion "recipes" for Drambuie, Baileys, Grand Marnier etc, and we're on the case trying one or two out here.

Of course, for some there are challenges around the likes of honey, but you have a fab handle on the probable subs. Because doing these SV is quick (from c30 minutes, although I usually go longer for intense flavours), and because the vacuum bags can hold as much or as little as you choose, it's no massive investment in time or money, waiting to see if a couple of measures has worked, or not.

One thing I will say is, I tried a vodka with turmeric concoction (we're not really vodka drinkers, so it was lurking), with fresh grated turmeric. Frankly, it was gopping! The tequila with orange zest and lime juice is quite delightful, with slimline ginger ale. Ginnamon is fab, and my OH has something in planning using Armagnac, Vanilla and a couple of other "mystery ingredients".

One need never be sober again!

Hic.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Trying to get back on track after a week of over indulgence.

Lunch - out with some old friends and colleagues. We ate at Belgo. Had rotisserie chicken with salad and mayonnaise, and some butter instead of the suggested sauces.

Dinner - 2 poached eggs and 3 rashers bacon followed by extra thick double cream mixed with almond butter.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone had such good weather as we enjoyed today. Still waiting for my body to allow me to start September properly. Menu has too much compromise for my liking while I solve the early waking and feel happier about exercise. On the plus side it is clearing space for different choices
Wakey Wakey: 3 pints tea with almond milk -
Breakfast: Tea and 2 flaxseed flatbreads toasted and spread lightly with butter
Mid morning: Coffee with mix of almond milk and cream + 2 tsps of inulin
Lunch : 2 cold sausages; small piece boiled bacon; big salad with olive oil, acv, dijon and psyllium husk powder dressing; lots of chia seeds for topping; Tea
Mid Afternoon: Water
Evening meal : Chicken breast; chorizo ; cauliflower mash; mushrooms
@Goonergal I am genuinely angry Lamela scored as I think that allowed Ch to go top - they are an abomination:arghh:

Kingmidas

I was expecting difficulties today as I'm away at a crafters weekend - but no problems.

Breakfast - plain Greek yoghurt and some berries, wholemeal toast and butter, tea.

Lunch - selection of salami type meats and cheeses plus salad

Dinner - nothing yet as I'm not really hungry and I'm on the train on my way home. Probs just some assorted meats and olives when I get home.

Despite all our food being included, and there being platefuls of cakes and biscuits I didn't have a single one!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Columbian eggs: Fry chopped tomatoes with chilli, add egg and scramble. Top a piece of HiLo toast with mashed avocado, season, put egg mixture on top. Enjoy!! Black tea, black coffee.
L in cafe on outing. Vegetable fritter with homous, green lentil salad, a kind of cabbage salad, cucumber and tomato salad.
Snack. Piece of coconut, blueberry and yoghurt lo carb cake which I found in the freezer. It has frozen really well.
D. Three poppadums, homemade Sri Lankan aubergine curry with cauliflower curry and yellow split peas.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Cafè pancake with bacon and SF maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: steak, side salad and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was expecting difficulties today as I'm away at a crafters weekend - but no problems.

Breakfast - plain Greek yoghurt and some berries, wholemeal toast and butter, tea.

Lunch - selection of salami type meats and cheeses plus salad

Dinner - nothing yet as I'm not really hungry and I'm on the train on my way home. Probs just some assorted meats and olives when I get home.

Despite all our food being included, and there being platefuls of cakes and biscuits I didn't have a single one!

Well done for great restraint. A crafters weekend sounds interesting, hope you had a good time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Smoked salmon, scrambled egg and avocado with 2 mugs of coffee and cream - firing me up before the onslaught of 2 small girls and 1 large dog for the weekend.

L: Made soup with the stock from yesterday’s IP bacon joint - added a shredded cabbage, spuds and carrots ( for the others) and the leftover chopped up bacon. Another 5 mins in the IP and it was delicious. Girls loved it too, in fact they wanted it for tea as well.

MAS: handful of walnuts and 10 Callebaut choc buttons

D: I have made butter chicken in the IP this evening - a twosleevers.com recipe, thanks for the recommendation @DCUKMod. I have sampled it and it is gorgeous. Not sure if I’m hungry enough to have it now though, may freeze it and just have a bit of brie and some seedy crackers.
I can still hear the girls gallumphing about upstairs although they are supposed to be asleep - Maybe a glass of red with the cheese too!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's my treat to me a few times a year! It's funny, but I don't really miss the cake and biscuit side of things. I'd have just eaten them because they were there.

Easily done! Ive done the same and realised I’m not really enjoying what I’m eating. Happily most of that sort of thing is now too sweet for me so I find it easy to resist too.
I think you are doing extremely well, I really wish I’d known enough to change my ways when I was prediabetic.

Kingmidas

Easily done! Ive done the same and realised I’m not really enjoying what I’m eating. Happily most of that sort of thing is now too sweet for me so I find it easy to resist too.
I think you are doing extremely well, I really wish I’d known enough to change my ways when I was prediabetic.
I see it as an opportunity to stop something that isn't inevitable. I do think I'm lucky and it all came from my blood pressure being high > blood tests > abnormal liver function (now normal again) > more blood tests > slightly high Hba1c. Funny how it all came about!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see it as an opportunity to stop something that isn't inevitable. I do think I'm lucky and it all came from my blood pressure being high > blood tests > abnormal liver function (now normal again) > mpre blood testa > slightly high Hba1c. Funny how it all came about!

Great attitude.