What Is Your Highest Blood Sugar Peak Today

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 would you not take a small correction dose for that say 50% of the usual correction dose or just leave it to naturally drop?

No never take a correction dose when alcohol is involved. Too dangerous. Even with highs like that my HBA1C is 49 so not bad. My control in the main is bang on and I don’t worry about highs. You end up correcting, then eating, then correcting which is worse than just letting it come down naturally in my opinion.

JoBodensee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
223 today 2 hours after bolussing 5 units for early dinner plus 1 correction unit. Yikes. These are the moments when I remember why I don't normally eat carbs. Goodbye - Italy hello keto!

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
14.9 this morning, but my coffee from the local shop was much sweeter than usual so I think they gave me the wrong one.

Hit 17 last night and I have no idea why.

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
13,8 unfortunately but it is a challenging time for me personally so stress involved but usually i have good readings. Still i am glad they dont go beyond 15 mmol so kind of happy;)

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday bit of a nightmare 2.5hrs after eating 6.1 and stable this is normal for that meal so awesome, scanned around 3 hours after the meal and it was 10.1 so did a finger print and it was actually 10.3, anyway too 2u correction dose as it was about 11pm and that would sort it. Went to bed at 12am and it's 13.3 and sky rocketing up on the Libre, anyway because I've already taken the correction dose I prayed it would work. Did it NO it was 10.1 when I woke up. ***!!!

Reactions: Tabzmcfc

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Salad and most healthy foods lol.
A flamingo 15.9 :arghh: :***: that was 5 hours after lunch.

Hate going that high.

I was 17.9 before bed 2 nights ago. I hate being that high to as it makes me very moody...

ConnorFowles1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Salad and most healthy foods lol.
12.1 now these are NOT numbers I'm used to. Anyway there's about 2 onboard i think I'll go gym

Just done mine... over the moon with 5.1, just wish it would stay like that haha!

Blue_Star

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My highest I've seen till now was 18.1 first thing in the morning. I've had ever had anything like that ever before but in the last 6 months it's been getting worse even with diet n exercise plus no snacks or high carb meals
Yesterday had a 7.7 and today it is 8.0 (all fasting readings)

Brendon.Dean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi...I'm insulin resistant and had until Xmas been on a highly concentrated insulin ( Humulin u500) which I was told is no longer available. It was the only insulin that seemed to come closr to some control , giving me readings in single figures.
I am now on Humulin 100 which is totally ineffective and my readings are now around 20 min and sometimes 38+ (both figs pre meal).
I dunno what to do really , my consultant says there's no way of getting the u500 for my pump and, he won't let me have pens to fill my pump.
I feel awful all the time, it took a long time to find the insulin that helped and now it seems I'm back to where I was years ago.
Anyway I'm sorry if I've rambled on .

Rule of thumb is that more insulin only makes the problem of being insulin resistant worse.

When you are insulin resistant what happens in your body is the fat cells have no more room to store any of the energy so the remaining energy is pushed into your blood stream raising blood sugars with no way to be stored.

Ideally ways people reduce insulin needs is through nutrition, exercise and timing these two things correctly.

I highly recommend looking up Dr. Ted Naimen and Dr Jason Fung.