What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A disappointing 7.0 this morning though I succombed to crisps last night. I’m also packing today. Am off to Spain tomorrow for 5 days R&R with my brother and SIL. I am baking linseed rolls today to take with me for breakfast and have been promised fresh fish for dinner every night! Cant wait. Will try and recreate serrano ham and manchego rolls for lunch.
@shelley262 have a great time in Greece and hope the menu is helpful. I am bringing my meter with me too to keep me in line. Safe journey.
Have a great Saturday everyone.
have a great holiday :cool::)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@PenguinMum and @shelley262 plus anyone else who is off or about to go on holiday hope you all have a great time. Am I the only person who is genuinely mystified by the need or allure of the whole holiday thing - it worries me and causes much friction chez moi. Mrs P seems to feel I should want to take holidays.
That's because you are retired and life is all a holiday! I used to go on holidays during my annual leave when I was working. I felt I had to go away for a break and relaxation. Since retiring I don't feel the need for holidays. I do go away for at least 4 weeks in the winter, but that's to escape from the cold and dark here.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all under the marital thumb!

Today is forecast to be frosty and cold as in cold shoulder, yep I've gone and upset Mrs J again, I think it is down to whoremoans, I called one of her friends or as I call them fiends a w hore who moans a lot! I might just be cooking my dinner tonight!

A surprising 5.9 this morning and a sore head where Mrs J hit me with the saucepan.

Have a good one folks, if you need to contact me I shall be residing in my shed.

Have a good one folks

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's because you are retired and life is all a holiday! I used to go on holidays during my annual leave when I was working. I felt I had to go away for a break and relaxation. Since retiring I don't feel the need for holidays. I do go away for at least 4 weeks in the winter, but that's to escape from the cold and dark here.
Partly true except that has been my way since childhood. It is a trait I inherited or learned from my father. Escaping from the cold and dark would suit me so my ideal would probably be living part of the year elsewhere rather than temporary disruption.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Partly true except that has been my way since childhood. It is a trait I inherited or learned from my father. Escaping from the cold and dark would suit me so my ideal would probably be living part of the year elsewhere rather than temporary disruption.
That was my plan when I was working - to live somewhere sunny for maybe 3-4 months over the winter. I did do that for 2 months the first winter after I retired, but got so bored after about 3 weeks that I wanted to come home. There's only so much sitting on beach and in bars I can do. So now I usually go for 4 weeks. Maybe 6 weeks in 2020.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs re holidays as I have got older I prefer short breaks and look forward to both that and getting home again. I would struggle to be away for 2 weeks or more now. My OH still working but when he takes his annual fortnight and we usually have two short breaks with days at home in between. Maybe Mrs P should adopt the (frequent) short break tactic!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs re holidays as I have got older I prefer short breaks and look forward to both that and getting home again. I would struggle to be away for 2 weeks or more now. My OH still working but when he takes his annual fortnight and we usually have two short breaks with days at home in between. Maybe Mrs P should adopt the (frequent) short break tactic!
@PenguinMum That seems to be the conclusion we have arrived at. Best solution for us seems to be breaks with a theme/purpose such as including 6 nations games. Hope you find the current break useful.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 yesterday
5.1 today
Such a busy week. I'm at a school reunion tonight. In my house! It seemed a good idea when I suggested it!!! I've come out of retirement to do this party. Said we were getting too old for it. But I'm feeling very happy at this point. It's coming together nicely. The last reunion 20 years ago was very flat in a local pub. This one wont be. You cant beat a house party. Got up at 7am to do a finger in the wind test. No wind so gazebo now up!!! Not sure for how long though! I haven't seen most of the girls for 40 years since leaving secondary school. It was an all girls school and we were taught by nuns. Strictly no boys allowed :) apart from my hubby who is on hand for anything and everything. Could not have done it without him. I rope him into all sorts, but he loves it! Ordered hotpot, chilli, curry and rice! Crusty bread!!! Cheese board prepared (got my name all over it)!!! Desserts on offer (Not to me!) And plenty of nibbles. The music has been lovingly prepared over the past couple of weeks. Lots of golden oldies. The Nolans will be kicking us off. They come from the same town and went to our school! But older so not invited:)

Have a great day folks.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 yesterday
5.1 today
Such a busy week. I'm at a school reunion tonight. In my house! It seemed a good idea when I suggested it!!! I've come out of retirement to do this party. Said we were getting too old for it. But I'm feeling very happy at this point. It's coming together nicely. The last reunion 20 years ago was very flat in a local pub. This one wont be. You cant beat a house party. Got up at 7am to do a finger in the wind test. No wind so gazebo now up!!! Not sure for how long though! I haven't seen most of the girls for 40 years since leaving secondary school. It was an all girls school and we were taught by nuns. Strictly no boys allowed :) apart from my hubby who is on hand for anything and everything. Could not have done it without him. I rope him into all sorts, but he loves it! Ordered hotpot, chilli, curry and rice! Crusty bread!!! Cheese board prepared (got my name all over it)!!! Desserts on offer (Not to me!) And plenty of nibbles. The music has been lovingly prepared over the past couple of weeks. Lots of golden oldies. The Nolans will be kicking us off. They come from the same town and went to our school! But older so not invited:)

Have a great day folks.
Enjoy your school reunion @Debandez
@PenguinMum loving your new avatar...... I’m max a week away too as any longer causes caring complications and I start worrying - up to a week is really good but like you like regular short breaks away when can organise it. Chucking it down here this morning is very dismal can’t wait to arrive in a sunny 29 degrees Greece but may take adjustment as I’m back in my jumpers here!

ding79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 at 8:00 for me. Now packed ready to head to London for tonight's marathon walk through the streets of London. 26.25 miles and rain forecast - seemed like a good idea when i signed up. As i will be going to bed when i take my morning reading tomorrow it will probably be a bit unusual, cant wait to find out. Have good days everyone.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have a nice time.