Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not long ago I have discoverd the most fantastic meat replacer made out or beans. I had some of this paired with avocado and rice hmm :)
Hi Beth Welcome to the forum, nice to have someone else posting on the veggie thread :)

jacknikol

I am eat Vegetarian Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes...
I can briefly explain the construction
1 Wash tomatoes thoroughly and cut
taze-domatesli-vejetaryen-makarna-yapimi
into 4 pieces.
2 Throw the tomatoes into the blender.
3 Chop onions and garlic as thinly as you like.
4 Add basil, mushroom, carrot, pea, corn, green pepper according to your wishes.
5 Pour oil into the pan and cook as much as you can and serve it over the pasta.

Bon Appetit ;)

P

pollensa

Here is my leftover chocolate mousse. It got a bit bashed on the journey home, but you get the idea. It is loosely based on a low-carbified version of the following recipe. The orange version might be good for Christmas. It is very rich so little portions are best.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chocolate-orange-mousse-recipe.html

6xyd5h.jpg

Looks yummy, there is a great recipe also low carb choc mousse on www.dietdoctor.com. Only three ingredients, the recipe is so versatile if you freeze it for one hour, you then have a choc icream instead two things in one recipe off you go happy cooking or non cooking in the kitchen I should say.....mix and put in fridge or freezer what could be easier.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yogurt and flax seed, bit of cinnamon
L: Cheese omelette with few green beans
D: Stuffed mushrooms (with almond flour lots of herbs, garlic and plenty of yummy cheese), small bit of 85% chocolate

Reactions: Prem51

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: quark and flaxseed with nut butter
L: halloumi with roasted veggies, handful of nuts
D: cheese omelette, piece of dark chocolate

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Quark, flaxseeds, nut butter
L: cucumber, cheese pepper
D: mushroom "stroganoff" with cauliflower "rice"

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Full fat yogurt, flaxseed, cinnamon
L: fast
D: salad leaves, cheese, nuts, few berries

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Multigrain porridge made with cinnamon and almond milk, black tea, black coffee.
L in cafe after walking 3 miles. Feta and spinach tortilla, red cabbage coleslaw, broccoli salad, Greek salad.
Walked another 3 miles
Snack. Lots of nuts
D. Mushroom kung bao (vegan Chinese recipe) with brown and wild rice. Bit of a carby by day but hopefully offset by walking

Reactions: Scimama and Prem51
P

pollensa

Love this page :) @Enclave and @Administrator

Breakfast .. Oats with almond milk .. My porridge with flaxseed ....

Lunch two slices of bread .. pumpkin and sunflower .. With avacardo and bie

Tonight will be veggie roast .. Lovely cauliflower cheese .. All the trimmings sprouts parsnips green beans and two small roast potatoes .. Yum ..

Tonight I will melt some chocolate high % and defrost some raspberries .. To go with it .. With a bit of ice cream ..

Strange been veggie all my life .. So not much diet change for me .. And that's a lot of years ..

Feedback would be great, not sure your status type, how do you do it , I mean, indulge in ... oats, bread, potatoes, I thought they were all No No No????????? obviously, your doing something right???

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flax seed, nut butter & greek yogurt
L: Salad leaves with olives and feta
D: asparagus, poached eggs

visiting family today, despite being low carb for years, they still try to insist I eat sandwiches, pizza etc. so popped to supermarket for bowl of salad - binned the sachet of dressing.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Flaxseed, yogurt, cinnamon
L: pepper, cucumber, cheese
D: stuffed mushrooms (low carb)

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: black coffee
L: cucumber, cheese (proper west country cave aged cheddar - yummy)
D: stuffed mushrooms, with lots of creamy garlicky cheese, bit of ground almonds almond and mixed herbs, square of 90% dark choc

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flax seed, chia seed quark
L: cheese, cucumber, pepper
D: mushroom straganoff and cauli rice

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B: Porridge with branflakes
L: 2 slices of wholemeal bread with cheese and tomato (from my garden), 2 juicy figs (again from my garden! :) )
D: mung bean and onion curry and chappatti (3) with a tablespoon af fresh yogurt.

mally4355

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Check out drs Neil Barnard ..Greger...Fuhrman.. Mcdougall on YouTube and you will learn how eating no animal products and very little oil that you can eat potatoes rice oats fruits bread etc and lose weight if you need to ...they have changed my life for the better ..

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaxseed, nut butter, black coffee
D: whole baked Camembert, celery, nuts

lost 3lb so need to up my fat intake - Camembert was delicious :happy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I see it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I've found some useful ideas in other peoples' posts. I thought if we (or just I) started posting here, others might get a few meal ideas too?

B. Half can of cherry tomatoes on one slice of wholemeal toast with engevita flakes sprinkled on top plus a re-heated leftover vegan sausage. Followed by a banana. Two mugs of black coffee, no sweetener.
L. Spicy hummus, large handful of baby salad leaves with a garlic olive oil dressing, 5 cherry tomatoes, fresh carrot chopped into sticks to be dipped into the hummus. Followed by strawberries and large dollop of Alpro vegan coconut yogurt (my fave at the moment).
Dinner will be: Lentil cottage pie with mashed sweet potato/ordinary spuds topping (I don't take much topping), with peas and broccoli. Dessert if wanted will be blueberries and the coconut yogurt. My husband will have ice cream 'cos he loves the stuff.

Drinks are either water or rooibos tea - usually about 4 glasses of water and 6 mugs of the tea. I love the stuff - no caffeine, aids digestion and tastes nice. I don't put milk or sweetener in the tea.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I see it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I've found some useful ideas in other peoples' posts. I thought if we (or just I) started posting here, others might get a few meal ideas too?

B. Half can of cherry tomatoes on one slice of wholemeal toast with engevita flakes sprinkled on top plus a re-heated leftover vegan sausage. Followed by a banana. Two mugs of black coffee, no sweetener.
L. Spicy hummus, large handful of baby salad leaves with a garlic olive oil dressing, 5 cherry tomatoes, fresh carrot chopped into sticks to be dipped into the hummus. Followed by strawberries and large dollop of Alpro vegan coconut yogurt (my fave at the moment).
Dinner will be: Lentil cottage pie with mashed sweet potato/ordinary spuds topping (I don't take much topping), with peas and broccoli. Dessert if wanted will be blueberries and the coconut yogurt. My husband will have ice cream 'cos he loves the stuff.

Drinks are either water or rooibos tea - usually about 4 glasses of water and 6 mugs of the tea. I love the stuff - no caffeine, aids digestion and tastes nice. I don't put milk or sweetener in the tea.
Just to clarify @WuTwo, are you vegetarian or vegan?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the context of this thread, it makes no difference whether someone is vegan or not. It is open to all vegetarians (which includes all vegans), and posters are requested not to derail the thread with discussions of non vegetarian eating.

This is the original post on the thread, which clarifies things nicely:

Tell us what you have eaten today ..

This is a forum for vegetarians .. So please no meat references ..
A Vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish* or by-products of slaughter.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'm vegan, which is why I posted here about food.