What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pixel Pierre the Eurocrat meter display tried to humiliate me with a 5.4 this morning. I am British so naturally I ignored reality, said I want a 4 - with cherries - and blamed everyone else. Later today I will make a speech saying witter, witter, witter and all fruitcakes will cheer. The Telegraph will claim Bojo and JRM can make water flow uphill and I will post about my Unicorn eggs in the what I have eaten thread.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in Canada, they call these people "snowbirds" because they fly south for the winter (usually Florida, Texas, California, Mexico or the Caribbean. (Many years ago, a Canadian singer named Anne Murray had a hit song called "snowbird" (about a bird, not the vacationer.) Canadians can spend 5 months outside of Canada before they lose their healthcare benefits. Both my parents & in-laws did this until they started to get frail (my late father-in-law died in Texas on one of these trips as a result of terrible care in the US medical system following a broken hip but that's another story.)

Personally I'm not one for beaches, I'm very fair and burn too easy.

I prefer to go to cities with a lot of history, interesting museums & art galleries or places with beautiful natural scenery. A few that I love are: Italy (been there 3x), Scotland (haven't seen England yet), the Alps, Canadian Shield back country, Nova Scotia (especially Cape Breton). There's so many places I'd love to see both in Europe and North America (Prague, Budapest, some of the cities in southern Spain, the Louvre in Paris, British Museum in London, Metropolitan museum in New York, British Columbia coastline and the Canadian rockies (have seen the US ones.) Unfortunately money is an issue for us but hopefully we'll see more places some day. I'd also like to see some of Asia too.
Great post @Chronicle_Cat and I loved that Anne Murray song. Unfortunately, the other part of the world I feel I fit is the Perigord Noir which wouldn't be much better. I definitely understand its people and culture way better than I ever understood London - which I assumed was just an elaborate joke.

Reactions: Canvaspic

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 6.3 for me today. It'll be the nuts. I stopped buying them, cause I cant stop on a pack once I start. But the are bought with the weekly shop. Anyhowze, speedbump. Back to home gym for me.
Weather looks nice, drive in the afternoon around our local lake.
Hope everyone is well, have a nice Sunday.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

looking quite bright so far ;) hope it stays that way so I can get a good walk in today. Yesterday was all back and forward between sunny bits and heavy showers, I did get to see some stonking rainbows though :)

Going to have a go at making some LC chocolate sponges for pud today. I've bought some hazelnuts to toast to see whether using them toasted and ground in the sponge will give it a bit of a 'nutella' taste.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Ok, I wasn’t completely well behaved yesterday but I avoided most of the bad stuff. No rice with my Thai meal but the prawn crackers were in rich. What’s the worst that could happen.
I’ve woken up with a 7.6.
Not happy. Long chat with myself required.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

looking quite bright so far ;) hope it stays that way so I can get a good walk in today. Yesterday was all back and forward between sunny bits and heavy showers, I did get to see some stonking rainbows though :)

Going to have a go at making some LC chocolate sponges for pud today. I've bought some hazelnuts to toast to see whether using them toasted and ground in the sponge will give it a bit of a 'nutella' taste.
Oooo let us know if it works!! Would love some dessert ideas :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooo let us know if it works!! Would love some dessert ideas :)
Mrs P tried this. Roasted the nuts, painstakingly peeled skins and blitzed em then added 100% chocolate. Idea was to make LC nutella for grandson. Bit of a disaster really too grainy - probably need commercial nut butter IMHO.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Good morning,

BG 5.5 this morning, everything is stable again after i injected novorapid instead of lantus yesterday morning.

Heavy rain in London, the dogs didn't really like it. Have a safe day everyone.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Love hearing about all your escape plans and outings. Here at britains most easterly point it's a very soggy Sunday. My sugars are 5.8 and my plans are to have a lazy Sunday full English breakfast with friends.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Love hearing about all your escape plans and outings. Here at britains most easterly point it's a very soggy Sunday. My sugars are 5.8 and my plans are to have a lazy Sunday full English breakfast with friends.
That sounds like an excellent plan and deserves to be enjoyed by all. Have a great day if at all possible but with that plan what could possibly go wrong? East Anglians usually eat well, definitely have hearty appetites (for all sorts of things):angelic:

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 4.7 today. I was meant to go see a show last night but my chest started playing up so I wasn’t able to go I’m not sure whether it’s my tachycardia playing up or a bad chest infection so sending a sample in tommorow next Tuesday is my birthday and next Sunday is my birthday dinner so if I have an infection I have to get better before next week have a nice day everyone

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 after curry yesterday evening, thought I chose low carb options but evidently not - 8.1 afterwards!
Off to an American diner for breakfast with family which should be good if I can avoid the pancakes.
@ding79 enjoy your rest today after your stirling effort last night. I’m glad the rain stayed off( mostly) for you.