Highest/lowest Reading

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1
Highest today was 7.1, lowest is 5.7 which is currently my fasting sugar

Now as for my all time record, I was 28mmol/l when diagnosed and one time I went as low as 1.2mmol/l on my blood reader and good god could I feel it :hungover:
Lowest record was 2.0 for me and it happened 30 minutes after taking insulin... it was very scary but I ended up with sugar in 20s...

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday my lowest was 4.4 before evening meal, and highest was 8.6 (!) two hours after eating.
That would be due to the mashed potato.
8.6, no meds, mashed potatoes! Well I can't say it is a bad number honestly.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It was a rise of 4.2 though which isn't good. But I've learned from it. I can eat some oven chips, but not mash.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was a rise of 4.2 though which isn't good. But I've learned from it. I can eat some oven chips, but not mash.

I find this too, because mash is more liquified your body absorbs it quicker, I usually only ever have 100g weighed mash or chips now if I have that on a meal, it only works out at 20-25g of carbs, so its a nice treat sometimes

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Dixon1995 I was wondering if it could also be due to the oven chips having been frozen. People have found that pasta and rice that has been cooked, cooled and then reheated doesn't spike their bgs so much. Would freshly cooked chips raise my bgs more than frozen?
I ask because I'm considering buying a dry air fryer to make chips.

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dixon1995 I was wondering if it could also be due to the oven chips having been frozen. People have found that pasta and rice that has been cooked, cooled and then reheated doesn't spike their bgs so much. Would freshly cooked chips raise my bgs more than frozen?
I ask because I'm considering buying a dry air fryer to make chips.

Yes although I don't do it, cooking pasta or rice and letting it soak, rinsing it afterwards, then heating it up again removes some of the starch which can have a negative effect, frozen chips on the other hand im not too sure, all I have done is switch to slim cut chips or fries and have less portions, before I started weighing my food I would probably have 200-300 grams (guesstimate) of chips on my plate, no wonder I spiked a lot!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday highest was fbg 7.7. Lowest was 5.9 before evening meal.

Reactions: Debandez

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday highest 14.8
Lowest 7.5
FINALLY figured out my dinner insulin

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday lowest 4.5 - just before evening meal.
Highest 5.7 - 2hrs after lunch

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday
Lowest 5.0 FBG
Highest 7.5 after dinner

D

Deleted member 308541

5.1 fasting / before breakfast.
5.2 after breakfast.

Bacon, eggs, tomato and mushrooms, and half of a reheated full carb spud. :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday
Lowest 5.3 after breakfast
Highest 7.5 after dinner that was 2 hours after dinner at 1 hour was 6.4.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

5.0 lowest before dinner

For my dinner I succumbed to some left over hot pot from a school reunion i held at my house (left the crust, didn't have the mushy peas or red cabbage!). Not been that close to a potato in months. There were beads of sweat dripping from my forehead and I wrestled with myself before eating. The baddy on my left shoulder won. 5.0 before taking the first bite and 10.2 after 2 hours. It was quite a big plateful. All I can say is it's a good job school reunions only come around every 20 years!!!

Reactions: Geoffno6 and Prem51