What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today although this is oversharing which is so passe these days. If it wasn't for the new trend I would have told you that, just like @OrsonKartt , inland East Anglia dropped low enough for our minimum temperature to trigger the heating - but of course that would be really tasteless.:angelic: @Emma_369 sod the fashion thanks for sharing - brilliant:)

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...dammed cold here today...determined not to give in & turn on the central heating just yet...winter duvets... hot water bottles & sweaters coming out of storage...lots of brisk walks with 'phat boy' who is currently curled on my best chair snoring...no doubt we'll both spring into action shortly...hmmn... maybe another coffee first:angelic:...woke to a 5.5

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Looks quite sunny outside but I’m staying in and feeling sorry for myself because my cold is still hanging around and making me feel rough. A trip out for paracetamol will probably be the highlight of the day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning but as usual shot up to 6.8 before breakfast after a stressful school run. Wish I could get that under control but still acceptable.
Flora I know school runs are stressful...speed & punctuality are essential on a school morning...if you have breakfast on your return possibly your liver is throwing some glycogen into your system to get you ready for the school run...give you that extra spurt of energy needed.. if you had a small snack just before you left that may reduce your pre-breakfast number...worth a try?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. Looks quite sunny outside but I’m staying in and feeling sorry for myself because my cold is still hanging around and making me feel rough. A trip out for paracetamol will probably be the highlight of the day.
Paracetamol and a pot of home made chicken soup (oh lord hope you're not vegetarian DJC)...guaranteed to see off a cold

Reactions: DJC3