Dexcom G6 3 Months in

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Bi @Type1Bri, Thank you for your thoughtful review. Whilst I do not use a Dexcom at present (too expensive) I know how annoying the adhesion problems are with the needle inserts of my Animas pump (same white tape).
Living in Adelaide, Australia where summer temperatures max out at 40 degrees C some days, there is a constant need to check the needle insert site. I have ended up buying some of the same tape (or very similar) - Flixomull-stretch - made in Hamburg and using a large 5 cm by 15 cm 'patch over the needle insert to reduce the chance of detachment. Also tried use of Friar's balsam (an iodine based product) which drys on the skin and leaves a tacky residue - but for me this produced a rash.
My other thought, as yet untried, is to approach the organisations which support those with stomas - usually these persons attach a bag to the opening of the bowel on their abdomen (stoma) and use special adhesive pastes etc to hold these bags on.
Just some thoughts - I hope others reply with other suggestions.
Please keep up the great work !!

Reactions: Type1Bri
D

Deleted Account

Just a thought - does SkinTac help keep the CGM (and Animas) in place?
I use SkinTac as a barrier (to avoid irritation) with my Animas pump and never had a problem with tap coming unstuck at high temperatures (I've been up to about 37 degrees).

Reactions: Type1Bri

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Just a thought - does SkinTac help keep the CGM (and Animas) in place?
I use SkinTac as a barrier (to avoid irritation) with my Animas pump and never had a problem with tap coming unstuck at high temperatures (I've been up to about 37 degrees).
Must admit I've run out of Skintac, need to try that with g6 soon

Reactions: kitedoc