Type 2 Sleeping (how Many Hours Did You Sleep Last Night?)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
does anyone else wake up 1 minute before your alarm goes off :banghead:
I don't have an alarm. I'm retired now so it doesn't matter what time I wake, but I almost always wake just as it's getting light. I didn't need an alarm when I was working, except when I did 6am starts and had to get up around 4am.
If I do need to make sure I wake for something like an early flight I set the alarm on my mobile, but I always wake before it goes off anyway.

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week i'm only managing 4-5 as hubby is working away and I never sleep as well on my own :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This week i'm only managing 4-5 as hubby is working away and I never sleep as well on my own :(

I find just the opposite. A huge bed all to myself, my own preference for bedding and pillows, no need to fight over a duvet, no need to put up with hubby reading with his light on and his loo visits as well as my own but at different times, and best of all, no snoring to contend with. Bliss.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Last night I woke every hour on the hour just about except between 4 AM and 5 AM when I woke 3 times in the one hour a rotten night all in all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night was my third night in a row of over 7 hrs.

I feel like shouting this from the rafters.
Had forgotten what it felt like to actually be fully rested. Bliss.
Almost feel guilty because there are so many people out there who struggle - just as I did - on so much less sleep.

Basically for me it is a combo of Magnesium Oil (wonderful stuff) to combat not absorbing dietary magnesium properly. Also avoiding tea and coffee (even decaff) and only having chocolate early in the day, to avoid the stimulants.
This has meant that when I go to bed, I also now have good odds of actually going to sleep, instead of lying there bored out of my skull.
So I have brought my bedtime forward to allow 8hrs in bed
Which has led to over 7 hours sleep recently.

It can still go pearshaped very easily, but there was a long period where there was no point going to bed because sleep wasn't going to happen. Then when it did, I would wake up with the lark.

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About four and a half - went to bed at half ten, but was well after two before I got to sleep. Think it's with being off work - not tiring the brain out.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A bit less than 5 hours last night. I'll probably need a sleep this afternoon.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need a siesta 30+ min in the afternoon , then I am good till 11 .30 pm

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About 7 1/2 hours last night. I find I'm getting in bed & dropping off to sleep quicker than usual since I started taking magnesium at night (tablets & spray.) It's good thing because I wear a full face CPAP mask (mouth breather all my life) every night (over 10 years now) and I can't lay there more than 1/2 hour with it on without sleep, after that I have to get up.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I need a siesta 30+ min in the afternoon , then I am good till 11 .30 pm
I normally try to rest in the afternoon for an hour or so It's a spoon conservation thing don't you know.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Solid 8 hours! I have spent a lot of time over the years eliminating things that would make me wake during the night as I hated being awake from 2-4am, anxious, then finally getting back to sleep in time to get up for work. So, cool, well-ventilated room with blackout blinds, comfortable bed, no caffeine after 4pm, little alcohol in the evening, no TV, mobile or tablet in the bedroom (nor cats!). I also gave up work and get a lot more exercise. Sleep problems solved!

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night I woke every hour on the hour just about except between 4 AM and 5 AM when I woke 3 times in the one hour a rotten night all in all.
I finally had a great night's sleep last night, hubby was home by 8pm, we had an early night and both slept solid!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 hours. Didn't get to bed till 1.30 as we had to drive back home after watching our son compete in a marathon. Slept well for those hours though :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Freckledjet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How many hours did i sleep last night..Hmmmm. Probably about 3 and that's a good night.:hilarious:. Hopefully tonight will be 4.
Probably about 4hrs last night as I have had a Perianal Abscess for the last week.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Seven and a half hours again, seems to be my standard sleep time.