Medication Packages Etc.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

I collected about a months worth of packaging, info leaflets, strips and batteries to see how much goes to the dump.

This is only what I have collected from the bin under my bench in my office, more junk was put in the bin in the kitchen.

The PRC does not buy any of Australia's trash 'n' treasure any more, so we will have problems in the next few years.

wtS3KLv.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi mate,

I hope your all good? :cool:

Wow. I'm not even sure what half that stuff is...

Recycling for the card & paper? Pretty much where my boxes go...
Though, you have inadvertently pricked my conscience with the glass spent insulin cartridges too. I run our bottles to the local tank, therapeutic hearing em smash... ;)

Reactions: kitedoc
D

Deleted member 308541

Hi mate,

I hope your all good? :cool:

Wow. I'm not even sure what half that stuff is...
@Jaylee all good here mate, I have not got into any trouble lately. :D

Most of the tablets and all the inhalers are for AFib and COPD, I did not have a Metformin box to put on the pile.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I collected about a months worth of packaging, info leaflets, strips and batteries to see how much goes to the dump.
Indeed! When I collect my meds from the chemist, not only are they packaged like yours, but the chemist puts them into a stout paper bag, and then puts the paper bag into a plastic carrier bag. Since single use plastic carrier bags are now banned here, I suppose chemists must have a special dispensation. I am actually quite glad of the plastic bags for lining my kitchen bin, but it's the thoughtlessness that is so annoying.

One of my prescribed creams comes with a chunky non-re-cyclable plastic applicator. I never use this, fingers are so much better, but it is not possible to get the cream without the applicator - I have tried.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

This is only what I have collected from the bin under my bench in my office, more junk was put in the bin in the kitchen.

The PRC does not buy any of Australia's trash 'n' treasure any more, so we will have problems in the next few years.

wtS3KLv.jpg
At least the cardboard is recyclable. On Gardening Australia I saw a recycling plant in Perth that takes in garbage, creates methane from it to run the plant and the rest makes fertilizer (Richgro, I think)? Do we need recycling o/s when we have this technology here ??

D

Deleted member 308541

Wow that's a lot of stuff all you need is some, glue, sticky backed plastic and you could build a nice replica of the Effiel Tower :);)
I do not think that I would build the E Tower, but I did think about building a model of the old Burnett River bridge with the strips but it would never be finished.
Do we need recycling o/s when we have this technology here ??
The PRC had been importing our recycled stuff for a few years apparently, and just decided to stop. I think our main local dump generates a bit of power but I am not sure though.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
There is enough manure in Parliament House to keep the flag flying !!!