Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the rest helps, it certainly sounds like it should be checked out.
A square or 2 of Montezumas might help?

Hmm. Had more than a square or two.....

Been googling all afternoon. Thinking osteopath - can’t help thinking that there’s a whole raft of things linked together and I get a lot of lower back pain.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders, new routine and I enjoyed it, using the kettle bells to warm up for dumbbells seems counter intuitive to me but boy it's helped, best pressing session in months :) it even put a smile on my miserable face :) but if I had hair I'd not be able to lift my arms high enough to comb it right now....

@Goonergal re stretches and cramps, for me this pic (best example I could see) is the specific one I use pre swim as it stretches the bits (on me) that have cramped up before. lifting your toes till you feel the calf pull.
011618_SELF_2821.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Been googling all afternoon. Thinking osteopath - can’t help thinking that there’s a whole raft of things linked together and I get a lot of lower back pain.

And your shin problems! Maybe it is all interconnected then? Defo time to get it investigated.

I went to an osteopath years ago for lower back pain and he was worth every penny. He gave me some exercises to do every night, very simple, but effective.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A week of 5 hrs sleep left me tired yesterday so only 8.5k steps. Slept late today but felt it best not to go overboard so 10.6k steps. @Goonergal hope you get a solution to the cramp issue. @DJC3 hope the lurgy clears up properly,

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Seems highly likely they are all linked - referred pain/injury. Could your body be altering its natural/perfect patterns in order to protect the shins? Definitely happens to me with my back issues. Transfers to lower legs big time.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I’m finishing the week on my bike at 80 miles. I was hit by a car last week, and it has slowed me down. Need a new TT bike as result, and road riding vibration is painful. Fractured pelvis is what I have, but the leg that was smashed by the car REALLY, REALLY hurts.

My pump was destroyed in the accident. Medtronic sent me a 90 backup. Monday I meet with a pump trainer to discuss a new one. Not excited about having to change pumps.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Complete day of rest today. A very long time since I had one of those and a bit of a struggle to persuade myself that I really didn’t need to walk to Waitrose for an extra portion of short rib/cream/steak. Calf still sore but not as bad as yesterday.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a lunchtime swim with my little un, nothing strenuous today but when she went off to play I did some front crawl pairs of lengths with a pull buoy, I did think I was better at it than I am :) as I'm reasonably fast at distances of breaststroke but need to practice the other 3 strokes now.
But I know from experience saying it's easier than doing it.....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I lazed around too much today but made my 250 steps every hour for 13 hrs and made 11.4k steps on pedometer. Nothing to be proud of but won't take root either. Ticking over very slowly this month - been a real slog but shouldn't moan. We are not promised tomorrow:arghh:

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I completed all 3 runs of Week 5 of C25K by Saturday so I was pretty pleased with that

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday chest, I've swapped a warm up exercise to kettle bell presses and battle ropes to loosen my shoulders and felt the benefit tonight with the dumb bell press, not particularly heavy as I worked up to the 34kg bells but my shoulder was looser and virtually pain free, old dog new tricks and all that :) bench press after that before a one arm press machine and a few set of db flys to finish with.

A good start to the week :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Seem to have made it to 12.5k steps including wandering around with 16 litres weedkiller sprayer - possibly not great for the back. @Goonergal that all sounds troublesome, take care.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m finishing the week on my bike at 80 miles. I was hit by a car last week, and it has slowed me down. Need a new TT bike as result, and road riding vibration is painful. Fractured pelvis is what I have, but the leg that was smashed by the car REALLY, REALLY hurts.

My pump was destroyed in the accident. Medtronic sent me a 90 backup. Monday I meet with a pump trainer to discuss a new one. Not excited about having to change pumps.

Good heavens @Jollymon that sounds horrific! Is your leg in plaster - and what about your pelvis? How is that being fixed? You have my greatest sympathy and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Not a terrific day for me exercise-wise, but better than I first anticipated. Felt so rough this morning I thought I’d just stay in all day, but by mid morning it was a bright crisp day and I thought the fresh air would help so went for a 30 min walk. It did help a lot so went for another after lunch and feel so much better this evening.
Did 10 mins core exercises and squats earlier and will do another 10mins before bed.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday back session, a decent warm up first as always then a mix and match session as the gym was busy, grrrrr but it worked out alright I guess, no dead lifts tho :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Still not operating quite as I want but sleeping better so progress of sorts. 11.5l steps, swimming lesson and some hedge trimming. its exercise Jim but not as we want it - yet.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Leg much better today. Enjoyed a couple of short walks along the Regent’s Canal in the sunshine on the way to and from work meetings, totted up 12,132 steps. Swerved swimming given problems on Friday and hopefully further improvement tomorrow.