Recommendations for a carb counting app

Timostags

I've recently switched to carb counting. I have asked my diabetes team to put me forward for a Dafne course but I think there is quite a long waiting list at the moment.
I have worked out a ratio that seems to work pretty well for me (8:1) and have found a great app for logging BG, dosage and carbs (one drop).
I have found I can work out my carb intake pretty well from looking at the packaging but occasionally I am looking enough to have a meal cooked for me or I buy something fresh with not nutritional label on it.
When I have seen my diabetes team in the past they have often pulled out a book that has the carb content of common foods AND several portion sizes. Does anybody have any phone apps with the same sort of thing?

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I use a MyFitnessPal app. It’s good if you make your own meals and you weigh the ingredients or become good at estimating quantities (not as good as carbs & cals which has photos, but MyFitnessPal has a huge database.)

You can save recipes so that you don’t have to enter the information again when you eat the same meal.

Many meals at popular restaurant/pub chains are included Wetherspoons, Costas, Slug&Lettuce, PizzaExpress etc.

Free on Android and iPhone.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I actually just use MyFitnessPal, but was guessing it was the book the OP was referring to!

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't mind a suggestion from a Type 2, I use the app Carb Master. It has a big database of foods, allows you to add in custom foods (your own recipes with nutritional information) and scan in food packages (then the nutritional information including carbs is entered in your food list. I use the free Android version.