Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 again today but feeling much better after the horrible lurgy.

@Jemz I often forgot metformin too, and only realised when I had a couple of higher than expected numbers. I’m on one a day now but never remember to take it at the same time - usually remember just before bed.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
9.7 this morning, not so good today but hey ho and that, onwards and sideways as usual, not gonna play "window waddler" today cos I keep falling over my own feet and the cat keeps cheating and going back to the same window sill, a mixed bag of pickles of a game today, "new look new" , max 5 mins in each room and make it different/better and see if the cat agrees. Am I going insane?, well the cat don't think so and arguing with cats is absurd so...me how?

Geoffno6

Morning all and may I reciprocate, especially @JanetMcDowell 5.3 is my reputed level as well:) By the way, how is Mr McD progressing? @Geoffno6 why the urge to drop metformin? I took 2 months off but this being a game of risk and reward decided to take the option of reducing to 1 per day for now. @NewTD2 glad flu seems to be going.

Hi @ianpspurs I stopped the Metformin because my B12 is low and I should be getting plenty with all the meat, fish, eggs etc that I’m eating but Metformin is supposed to stop you taking it in. I’ve got really bad pins and needles and little pin prick pains in my legs and feet which has come on in the last few weeks and both high BG and low B12 can cause it. So I thought I’d see if I can drop Metformin for a week.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.8 today.

@Jemz the FBG is the last reading to come down. If you’re getting post-meal readings in target that’s more important and the others will follow.

Sorry to hear so many feeling under the weather. Hugs to @Down-Jai 001 @Prem51 and @bigjim19
good morning i am a 5.4 @0513 and also caught the change of seasons cold ..
third hba1c today ..i will have breakfast by 0700 .. test is at 0900..