What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@rhubarb73 -- Hope you'll be able to see the dentist quickly and feel better soon. Thinking of you.

Blood sugars were 5.2 after upping carbs a bit and reducing exercise yesterday in an attempt to reduce ketones. Doctor's appointment this afternoon to discuss my test results. Please, keep your fingers crossed that all results will be in range
Good luck today let us know thinking of you x

Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since the advent of smart phones I no longer have to wear my CASIO calculator watch...
I loathe maths with a passion Orson...principally because I am so bad at it...yet I have a god daughter who has just won a place on a maths course run over the weekends (in addition to her school work)...she is a member of her school maths club & cannot understand my lack of enthusiasm or ability...she is excited by maths...possibly she needs counselling;)

Reactions: Geoffno6

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
WARNING! Corsodyl stains your teeth brown!
Can be avoided by refraining from drinking coffee, tea or red wine within two hours of using. Mind you I use it daily and had no problems. Also stain can be removed by brushing at least twice daily.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. And so cold! Thought I’d get till at least Mid October before having to scrape the ice off the car :(

Ice?! Emma, where are you located?

Here in Toronto Canada, we've had an unusually hot summer and fall is late coming and has been very warm, hot some days. We are finally are starting to get more typical temperatures, it's a high of 21C today (69 in the old fahrenheit) . I was wearing shorts last week which is unusual in mid Sept. The leaves are quite late turning pretty fall colours (like my avatar which I took several years ago) because the colours need cool nights. (They have fall colour reports because the fall colours are a tourist attraction.)

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can be avoided by refraining from drinking coffee, tea or red wine within two hours of using. Mind you I use it daily and had no problems. Also stain can be removed by brushing at least twice daily.
I used it when I had a painful gum problem. The Corsodyl can stain your teeth even without drinking tea, coffee or red wine. It is a warning on the enclosed leaflet. I do brush my teeth at least twice a day, but that didn't prevent my teeth being stained a nice brown colour!
It might have been because I have rough tooth enamel which stains more easily, according to a dentist.
Anyway the gum pain turned to be due to an abscess and I had to have tooth removed. The staining was removed by dental hygienist's cleaning and polishing.

Andy-Annom

I have just seen this forum and thought i would try and get a little help and advice from you guys.

Blood Sugar was 16.0 this morning, down from 19.9 from last Thursday.
I am type 2

I have been under a lot of stress and other issues which lead me to not being on medication for a long time. Basically stuck my head in the sand.
Looking for a diet way to control my condition rather than hitting injections.
Can anybody suggest types of food, or meals?
At the moment I am being more of a Rabbit than a human, its salad with everything, egg salad, ham salad, and even just a plain salad. I do not mind salad but I would like to hear from others.
Was told blue-green algue was good for diabetics, is this true?
Any help is much appreciated.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just seen this forum and thought i would try and get a little help and advice from you guys.

I am type 2

I have been under a lot of stress and other issues which lead me to not being on medication for a long time. Basically stuck my head in the sand.
At the moment I am being more of a Rabbit than a human, its salad with everything, egg salad, ham salad, and even just a plain salad. I do not mind salad but I would like to hear from others.
why would you need injections :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

I am type 2

Welcome @Andy-Annom and sorry to hear about your woes. The good news is you are definitely in the right place and testing is the first stop in the journey to better control. One place to find recipes is here https://www.diabetes.co.uk/recipes/ and another would be here https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today. Hope this helps a little.
Best I can advise is look at nutritional analysis on all food and try to go for foods less than 5% carbohydrate wherever possible. Meat, fish, cheese and eggs are good as are all veg growing above ground. Celeriac is a really good substitute for potatoes and cauliflower will become your best friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3