T1 food.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheating a bit for lunch - spaghetti bolognese made properly in the canteen at work. So not by own hand and it'll save me making much for dinner later but I reckon it still fits within the remit of this thread. Might just try a bowl of porridge for supper instead. :hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am making beef curry for dinner tonight. The beef is in the slow cooker, then when I make the curry sauce I will transfer the beef from slow cooker to frying pan and I will try to post a pic :)

Reactions: Alison54321

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I fancied a change tonight so am eating a pri piri chicken omelette, 2 chopped breast, sliced shallot, bit of a garlic clove, pepper seasoning broccoli sugar snap peas olives, and a splash of nandos hot sauce with grated full fat cheese, 2 egg omelette....
photo.JPG
:) piri rice by Tilda and a pot of low fat humous, about 90g carbs all in.

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
20180925_183140.jpg Beef curry with grated carrot, I often like a chopped pepper in curries, but didn't have any today, hence the carrot :hungry:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With Nandos sauce being on offer in Morrisons and 2.4g carbs/100 I'm having a Nandos 3 poached eggs, 20g carbs there only(porridge first but you don't want to see that) I can recommend those silicon egg poachers too :)
photo.JPG

Reactions: SueJB and LooperCat

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.JPG
An Italian for tea, or a Lloyd Grossmans version of one, with extras :) so chicken fried in olive oil with garlic, shallots, red onion, and spices, sugar snap peas carrots olives and broccoli, jar of sauce and some fresh basil, white basmati rice, about 90g complex carbs and 10g simple sugars all in.

The young un gets a smaller portion and mine got the last spoon of my home made chilli pickle and I'm missing it already :p

Reactions: db89 and Knikki

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick midweek oven/hob meal tonight. But I remembered to snap a photo before I scoffed it this time

Pork with teriyaki and sliced chillies, 70g (dry weight) of brown rice and a handful of watercress, spinach and rocket.

77g of carbs if I added up correctly and I split my bolus between abdomen and leg to slow some of the Fiasp down for the fat in the pork after the initial rice hit.

a15f551a9e5b9488f5d50cd382f91ca7.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chicken panang, or it says so on the packet, 7g carbs/100 of which 2g sugars so there's around 100g complex carbs all in, brown basmati rice, sugar snap peas, carrot & broccoli, it came without any chillies but I had some dried ones so there's a couple in there, 2 portions so one for the freezer :) oh and 6.5u Humalog.

photo.JPG

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
How much rice do you get through in a week @kev-w ?

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much rice do you get through in a week @kev-w ?
Rice? Yeah a fair bit if I'm honest :) and I've lived on it for 20 years plus, I eat a bit of wholemeal pasta too but not that often as it's a weight gainer, only potato I really eat is a potato salad when I have fish cakes (could be tomorrows tea as I've not photo'd that meal yet), or if I ever cook traditional English food :)

But take a roast dinner, mashed or boiled spud carbs with roasted spud carbs, Yorkshire pudding carbs and flour carbs in your gravy oh and cauliflower cheese carbs too, and for me that's a certain spike unless I bulk my plate with meat and veg.

I'm back to 80kg again anyway and I've always had hollow legs :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll come back to that last meal as it was a new sauce as it spiked me so I had a correction jab, supper and woke at 3.8 so I got my moves wrong for that one :(

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tonight I'm having fishcakes, 70g carbs, low fat spud salad at 30g carbs and around 22g in the low fat humous with nandos sauce, bit of parmesan in the spud salad usual veg fresh steamed and 7.5 Humalog///
photo.JPG

Reactions: Alison54321

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem to be proving the theory that exercise prevents weight gain. That's a lot of carbohydrate, more than I ever had before I was diagnosed as a Type 2. Do you also calculate the Cals in your meals?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You seem to be proving the theory that exercise prevents weight gain. That's a lot of carbohydrate, more than I ever had before I was diagnosed as a Type 2. Do you also calculate the Cals in your meals?

Do the calories matter if the OP isn't losing or gaining weight?