Buy Freestyle Libre

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you use your phone instead of the reader? On the app you can choose mg/dl or mmol/l.
The app only works in the UK and few other countries where Libre is officially presented. I tried to install the app (in Lebanon) and it didn't work

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any help? to buy mg/dl English receiver

Marco - I am a little confused what you actually want here. Could you explain some more?

If you are looking to buy one, you may find one on eBay, if Abbott will not sell to you.

marco0070

Marco - I am a little confused what you actually want here. Could you explain some more?

If you are looking to buy one, you may find one on eBay, if Abbott will not sell to you.
Hi, I want receiver that has an mg/dl unit of measure and English language, why it is a problem? because:
USA don't sell without a prescription,
Canada has an English menu but Mmol.
Germany, France and Italy have mg/dl but not English language and so on.
As we know sensors work only with the receiver from the same country, for example sensors from Canada and receiver from Germany won't work together, because of this buying on Ebay is a big problem.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I want receiver that has an mg/dl unit of measure and English language, why it is a problem? because:

Marco, I've no experience of buying libre sensors from other countries, so I can't guarantee this will work but here's a suggestion.

I get sensors in the UK, the official reader reads in mmol/L.

I wanted to get alarms etc. on my phone, so I then bought a transmitter called a blucon nightrider from https://www.ambrosiasys.com/order , $85 non-waterproof, $135 waterproof, and some shipping charges.

The blucon sits on top of my sensor and transmits a reading to my android phone every 5 mins. It doesn't need to be an nfc phone for this, just bluetooth.

The app on my phone is xDrip+
https://jamorham.github.io

Now, the reason I mention all this is that in the settings in xDrip+, I can choose whether to display as mmol/L or mg/dl - see pic below. I've tried both and it works perfectly well with either. So, that's a UK sensor giving me mg/dl through the app if I want it to. Plus I get alerts and full cgm.

It's also got a range of about 15 languages you can switch between.

There's a newer transmitter called miaomiao, I assume you'll get the same result if you're running it to xDrip+ on android, but it's a bit more expensive. You'd need a different app if you're on iphone, Spike, but I don't know whether that's got the option of switching measurements, I assume it does.

Screenshot_2018-09-26-23-22-59.png

marco0070

Marco, I've no experience of buying libre sensors from other countries, so I can't guarantee this will work but here's a suggestion.

I get sensors in the UK, the official reader reads in mmol/L.

I wanted to get alarms etc. on my phone, so I then bought a transmitter called a blucon nightrider from https://www.ambrosiasys.com/order , $85 non-waterproof, $135 waterproof, and some shipping charges.

The blucon sits on top of my sensor and transmits a reading to my android phone every 5 mins. It doesn't need to be an nfc phone for this, just bluetooth.

The app on my phone is xDrip+
https://jamorham.github.io

Now, the reason I mention all this is that in the settings in xDrip+, I can choose whether to display as mmol/L or mg/dl - see pic below. I've tried both and it works perfectly well with either. So, that's a UK sensor giving me mg/dl through the app if I want it to. Plus I get alerts and full cgm.

It's also got a range of about 15 languages you can switch between.

There's a newer transmitter called miaomiao, I assume you'll get the same result if you're running it to xDrip+ on android, but it's a bit more expensive. You'd need a different app if you're on iphone, Spike, but I don't know whether that's got the option of switching measurements, I assume it does.

View attachment 28671
Thank you so much.