Victoza Pen

Andyneored5

The Nurse has just put me on the pen, I wondered what other people think to this? Have you lost weight? Have you had any side effects? My main concern is the side effect which can cause tumours, has anyone heard of anyone that has had a tumour because of this. I know everything has side effects just seems an extreme side effect.. Thanks

chaoticliloj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi, I’ve been on this since the end of May. I was on a different pen before which gave me bad skin reactions. I’ve had no issues on this one, inject 1.2 each day. Not heard of tumors as try not to read the side effects as they scare me normally. Hopefully I won’t get any...
With regards to weight loss, I’ve lost 1/2 stone since starting - I know it’s not a lot but it’s difficult to lose. Good luck

Reactions: Andyneored5

Andyneored5

Hi, I’ve been on this since the end of May. I was on a different pen before which gave me bad skin reactions. I’ve had no issues on this one, inject 1.2 each day. Not heard of tumors as try not to read the side effects as they scare me normally. Hopefully I won’t get any...
With regards to weight loss, I’ve lost 1/2 stone since starting - I know it’s not a lot but it’s difficult to lose. Good luck
Thanks for your comments.

Reactions: chaoticliloj

Froglet 56

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hot spicy food
Hi. Have been on this for nearly 2 years. Started at .6 and have over time gone up to maximum of 1.8. No weight loss unfortunately, although weight is stable. Only problem I had was major bruising at injection sites. GP changed to smaller needles and that has sorted problem out. Good luck with it :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am on 1.8 victoza. I got no problems with it. Have not lost any weight on it