Empagliflozin

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
miserable weather, rude and bad mannered people
My doctor wants me to change my medication as my last Hbaic has gone up slightly (to 7.7 mmol from 7.3 mmol). I currently take Metformin twice daily.

He has suggested the above drug but to be honest i'm not keen on taking any medication other than metformin as I am trying to lose weight myself and I already exercise by going to the gym.

The doctor said that with this particular drug, you pee out the extra sugar but that I would be more prone to UTI's (which I've had and I don't want).

What are your thoughts, those on the same drug? TIA

Reactions: Fruitella

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
To be honest the idea of taking a drug that lays you open to UTI's and fungal infections like Thrush, which can drag on for weeks and reoccur during the time you are taking it leaves me cold.........yes you will pee out the sugar, yes it will bring down your BS......but it could well put up your BS through the stress of feeling ill and use of antibiotics to clear the infections.......so totally negating taking the Empagliflozin in the first place..........better to look at your diet and see if it can be tweaked a tad to give the same result pain free.

Last edited:
Reactions: carina62

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My earlier reply has been deleted - why?

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You could try it and stop it if you get side effects. I tried it but stopped after a few days as it gave me DKA

Reactions: carina62

carina62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You could try it and stop it if you get side effects. I tried it but stopped after a few days as it gave me DKA

Thanks but I’ve made my mind up, I’m not going to take it will carry on with my dieting & exercise and I will tell the nurse this on 5 October.

anthill

Thanks but I’ve made my mind up, I’m not going to take it will carry on with my dieting & exercise and I will tell the nurse this on 5 October.
LOL a day later it be my Birthday 6Th Oct.
Anyway i will just take my Vit C & D, as for whatever Flozin they have it's just another pill that they wanna sell you. *Sigh*