Type 2 Alogliptin 25mg tablets for T2

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just been prescribed these after 3 weeks on Metformin made me feel Sick day and night.

How do they work? Anyone had side effects on them?

Only want to give myself a few months on them until back under 42 A1c (currently 47 or I was last test) think I need a slight helping hand.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, gliptins work by improving the initial insulin response to whatever you have eaten, so that the spike derived from the glucose doesn't spike too high, and thus reducing the total glucose in your blood, before you eat again.
I use a different Gliptin to you and don't suffer side effects.
However if you do experience side effects listed on the pamphlet then discuss with your GP. Also, you have to watch out for Hypoglycaemia, as your blood glucose levels reduce to near normal levels.

Reactions: MKD75

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, they reduce spikes after a meal but the risk of hypos is low as the gliptins stop working when the BS comes down to normal. I had no side effects on my Sitagliptin except for mild headaches for a week

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, gliptins work by improving the initial insulin response to whatever you have eaten, so that the spike derived from the glucose doesn't spike too high, and thus reducing the total glucose in your blood, before you eat again.
I use a different Gliptin to you and don't suffer side effects.
However if you do experience side effects listed on the pamphlet then discuss with your GP. Also, you have to watch out for Hypoglycaemia, as your blood glucose levels reduce to near normal levels.

Sounds like the idea medication? Has your A1c improved much? How long until you noticed results?

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Yes, they reduce spikes after a meal but the risk of hypos is low as the gliptins stop working when the BS comes down to normal. I had no side effects on my Sitagliptin except for mild headaches for a week

Has your A1c improved much? How long until you noticed results?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds like the idea medication? Has your A1c improved much? How long until you noticed results?
My Hba1c is in normal levels. I don't have diabetes, I have a condition which is helped by the Gliptin, to increase my first insulin response and lower the glucose derived from a meal. Gliptins are usually prescribed because of the insulin response to food, because of high glucose spikes and insulin resistance
My condition is treated by what I eat and drink, I have to eat very low carb to stabilise my blood glucose levels.
Control is key in both my condition and of course diabetes, especially T2.