Medtronic Veo and Quickset problems

cjw

Has anyone had trouble with bent cannulas using the quick set?

I have had a few "No Delivery" errors recently and when changed Set the cannula has been at 90 degrees. I rang Medtronic and they said if you are slim they can be caused by hitting muscle but I am no way slim! It can also be caused by hitting scar tissue and as I have to change pump every 3 days and sensor every six I guess that does cause scar tissue.

They have suggested trying the silouhette or steel cannulas and are sending me some samples to try.

So wondering if anyone has any views on those options they could share please?

Thanks.

meela83

I had problems with the quickset inserter, it was making the cannula go in funny and bend. I started to do manual insertion which worked far better but also use the mio sets which are good because they come with a built in insertion thing and don't get crushed in your bag!

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
we have had that problem but usually before we have put the cannula in, we have been priming the pump and no insulin comes through the tubing and no delivery appears so we have simply changed the set over for a new one no prob wonder if there are just a few faulty ones

anna marie

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Got to say, I have seen a lot of postings regarding veo quicksets recently, and also having a friend on a pump that was using them, it does make me wonder just how reliable they are. It isn't just this website I look at, but others and it seems that a number of people are having problems with sets and occlusions, and problems.

I really hope that the Company are taking these problems seriously. Accuchek, after I returned my sets as samples, and obviously others from USA had done so, at least announced a withdrawal of their sets that were causing problems.

Just recently it just seems to be a lot of these sets that I see on various websites from various pumpers that are having problems...it really concerns me.....this is why I posted a question on forums earlier, 'What is the procedure for 'problems with mechanical things to do with the pumps?'-should =we notify our DSN's as well?, should we notify MHRA under mechanical failures? As individuals, we may think we are the only person having problems, but when do the pump companies take full ownership of there being a problem?????

Got to say for myself, since going over to stainless steel 6mm sets, I have never had a problem since, and I certainly wouldn't ever entertain the idea of going back to the flexible, plastic cannulas....

sugarmummy13

Just to keep a balance. My 4 year old daughter has been using quick sets now for nearly a year. We have had no problems with them & I have found the inserter really easy to use, except a very few times where I have got the plaster stuck on the side of the inserter, but I would say this was more down to the operator rather than the product!!! i have had no bent insertions & the only failures have been when I have hit a blood vessel during insertion.