Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, this cold is still not in any rush to leave me! Beginning to realise how poorly I felt as even though I’m now up, dressed and off to work I still feel a bit frayed round the edges!
More importantly the score on the door today was 5.7

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, this cold is still not in any rush to leave me! Beginning to realise how poorly I felt as even though I’m now up, dressed and off to work I still feel a bit frayed round the edges!

Reactions: Freema

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Still a good number Jayney. Take care of yourself today, hope you feel better once you get going.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Have a great time @Peadair O Brionn I am not entirely The Canaries know what's coming their way but the Craic will be worth a docudrama IMHO:)
Thanks Ian it will be good craic tryin to find a nice low carb beer . If they don’t have Coors light or magners light

JanetMcDowell

#sconegate turned out well and Mr McD seems to be doing well. The explanation of sepsis side effects makes sense and the better breathing without drugs is good. One senses you may be pleased with his recovery but less enamoured by loss of dominion over McD towers:angelic:

So perceptive I don’t know how you do it

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here goes, it's been a busy few days

Tues = 5.0
Wed = 5.2
Thurs = 5.0

I've been to my first PPG. Tuesday evening 6pm til 8pm. It was only a discussion about a new medical centre with an overview but food supplied for us. Sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps and a ring of chocolate and vanilla cup cakes of the large variety! Of course I didn't partake of one teeny morcil but my taste buds were doing summersalts throughput the 120 minutes. My eyes had a mind of their own and wouldn't stop looking at the food! Beads of sweat on my brow. Close up and personal to my old favourites. I can walk around tesco and not bat an eyelid. What's that all about. Anyway I survived that ordeal!

Then my 2nd PPG yesterday. I was hoping it would not be a similar battle. Nope. Phew. Just 3 boxes of jaffa cakes this time, lemon and lime, strawberry and orange. The chairman was actually confronted in a jokey way about it, to which he replied 'it works as part of your 5 a day'. I'm happy that i have never been partial to jaffa cakes!

One of the attendees was there on behalf of the CCG. A senior nurse. I introduced myself to her and took the opportunity to give the background as to why I had joined. At the end of the meeting we had a quick chat. She asked what I thought of the DESMOND course. Her eyes started to glaze over as I was telling her. Lots of work to be done! Anyway I now have the contact number for someone who runs the patient diabetes get togethers also held at Tescos once a month and I'm going to contact today. So thats my little update for today! Keeping it brief as always!

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.7 this morning, lower reading today but as I was eating my breakfast I broke out in a sweat and my heart was thumping, racing erratically in my chest, seems to be happening with more regularity of late, getting bloods taken later so I'll mention it to the nurse but as I've lost all confidence in the nhs I'm probably better talking to google about it, after all, she seems to know everything or at least has an answer. Is there any good in pricking meself when I feel like that?, I'm thinking it's a waste of time cos it's obviously gonna be high cos I'm eating but....hey ho, feeling befuddled today but onwards and upwards and back to front I waddle on grinning like I know a secret, again I beg, increase the peace you lovely people.