Winning!

NaomiT

I know posts like this crop up regularly, but it seems right to report successes! I was diagnosed type 2 in June, no meds and no blood monitoring, just told to look at my diet. I joined diabetes.co.uk immediately and adopted LCHF straight away. My Hba1c was 52.
Today, 12kg and over a dress size smaller, my Hba1c is 40! I'm so .

The doc told me they'll retest in six months, and to remember that although now I'm not diabetic, I still have diabetes, which is actually a helpful way to help me to keep going.

So a massive thanks to you all - what an amazing community!! I'll be sticking around for sure. Xx

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You are indeed a Winner! Well done and keep up the great work.

Reactions: NaomiT

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
The doc told me they'll retest in six months, and to remember that although now I'm not diabetic, I still have diabetes, which is actually a helpful way to help me to keep going.

Well done, excellent results. Well done to your doctor as well, I like the expression used.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know posts like this crop up regularly, but it seems right to report successes! I was diagnosed type 2 in June, no meds and no blood monitoring, just told to look at my diet. I joined diabetes.co.uk immediately and adopted LCHF straight away. My Hba1c was 52.

So a massive thanks to you all - what an amazing community!! I'll be sticking around for sure. Xx
Congratulations! Well done!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Congratulations - brilliant achievement. I do like what your doc said "that you are not diabetic but you still have diabetes". That's exactly how I think of myself and it definitely keeps me on track.

MikeStrutter

Well done Naomi, I was diagnosed in May with the same advice from the Dr and an Hba1c of 52 - 3 months later I'd lost 3.5 stone and my reading was 40. Shows it can be done and my 'education' to achieve that result was largely down to this forum. Keep it up!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely brilliant results so very well done to you for taking charge of your health.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Doesn't it feel good to take back a dress that has been ordered but is now too big.:) Keep going and a completely new wardrobe will be needed by Christmas. I know I have tried to make some jeans last in spite of weight loss and I must look dreadful from the back with them slipping down over my hips - I don't need a zip fastening to get them on or off.:oops: Well no need to ask what you want for Christmas this year , just organise the colours and the clothes!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!