Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 at 7.15 am. Bedtime reading was 5.6 at 10.40 pm.

Fourth day in a row I've been over 7 - 7.8 on Monday, 7.6 on Tuesday and 8.5 yesterday but none of the bedtime readings from the previous day were higher than 6.2.

Had three rough nights as well - waking up between 3 and 4 and not being able to get back to sleep.

Daytime readings are OK - nothing higher than 6.8 even after eating.

Bloomin liver dumps (assuming that's what it is) :banghead:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.7 this morning, lower reading today but as I was eating my breakfast I broke out in a sweat and my heart was thumping, racing erratically in my chest, seems to be happening with more regularity of late, getting bloods taken later so I'll mention it to the nurse but as I've lost all confidence in the nhs I'm probably better talking to google about it, after all, she seems to know everything or at least has an answer. Is there any good in pricking meself when I feel like that?, I'm thinking it's a waste of time cos it's obviously gonna be high cos I'm eating but....hey ho, feeling befuddled today but onwards and upwards and back to front I waddle on grinning like I know a secret, again I beg, increase the peace you lovely people.

Grant1969, as far as I know with my limited knowledge, our heart rate, blood sugar and blood pressure go up during eating or any kind of activities. It returns to normal after a while..

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Thanks, the nurses advice was to eat something else...I feel a fool and he aint pleased.

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Good morning everyone. 7.1 at 0630hrs but had been expecting a MUCH higher reading today. Was invited to a neighbour’s birthday meal - tapas, then veal strips in creamy mushroom sauce with Spätzli (NOT diabetes-friendly) and vermicelles (creamed chestnuts, with ice cream, whipped cream & meringue). A typical Swiss autumn menu. I did go easy on the wine (and limited myself to 1 Campari Orange as Apero).

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.2 @ 06:10 AM
This Diabetes is a strange animal.
I went to visit a good friend yesterday evening. Having gone straight from work, I was at hers at dinner time, and hungry.
I had a vegetarian curry, I picked out the visible potatoes, then proceeded to have a bowl of vegetable soup, which had sweet potatoes and butternut squash in it, which I picked out, but added some smoked salmon.
I expected all those starchy root veg, to have leached into the dish during cooking.
I'm pleasantly surprised to wake up to this BG reading today.:)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. 7.1 at 0630hrs but had been expecting a MUCH higher reading today. Was invited to a neighbour’s birthday meal - tapas, then veal strips in creamy mushroom sauce with Spätzli (NOT diabetes-friendly) and vermicelles (creamed chestnuts, with ice cream, whipped cream & meringue). A typical Swiss autumn menu. I did go easy on the wine (and limited myself to 1 Campari Orange as Apero).
takes me back to a meal i had in Immenstadt allgau .. over the hills from you thirty odd years ago,,, spatzle and wild mushroom sauce ahh memories

Reactions: Ally Pally