Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today

And today's little chat is!!!

I'm a little excited. There is a chance that i will be on BBC breakfast tv this Saturday morning.

This goes out to 7 million viewers!

It surrounds the story of Mike's bench (see link below). I was one of the many who wrote to Elizabeth. I wrote to her in January, just as I was trying to get my head around my t2d diagnosis and working on a way to reverse it. It involved lots of walking around this beautiful park, and sitting on Mike's bench for a breather! And constantly taking photos from there as its just a magical spot.

She has personally invited me to the BBC filming tomorrow. There are 2 stories being told and if they can fit in 3 I'm going to be that number!!! Mike's bench is an amazing space. In such a beautiful park. It's a sad story with a happy ending. Much the same as many of ours.

Mike's bench inspired me to ask if anyone on the forum wanted to send me their stories. And the end product (still a work in progress) is our powerful inspirational stories booklet. I really hope they can interview 3. I will be the one frantically waving our booklet around and talking about how we have regained control of our health by LCHF and lost weight too!

Keep your fingers crossed.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampprojec...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s
How exciting? I have everything crossed for you xx

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
7.4 today, took a later reading just to spice things up, I was feeling full of fungus this morning and skipped breakfast so my expected low was in fact high but still in single figures so still doing better than before. Dog sitting for a friend and our cat, she no like, so the dog remains downstairs while the cat rules from above, I'm mostly on the stairs acting as a go between so this waddlers wanderlust is being ignored and left to itch, unwalkable dog and sad cat and irritable me, sweet.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, dreadful night last night, so took this week's reading at 03.57 to miss the DP: it was 5.1.
I finally managed to get to sleep around 5.30 so when I was woken with tea @ 09.15 I thought "I wonder how much difference DP makes?" So, before having the tea a new set of readings were taken at 09.17: FBG was 5.4, BP 148/71, P 57 and weight 71kgs. All in all, not too bad!