Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9.9 this morning, diagnosed in March this year with Hba1c of 97, got it down to 39 by September this year. Just this last 10 days my morning number is getting higher and higher and I haven't changed anything. I'm getting worried why it's so high but by tea time is usually back to within the 5's I'm on 1000mg metformin x2 day. Any advice? Also I'm replying to this thread as I can't seem to find how to start a new one.
Welcome @lrostron Your progress is excellent. Only advice is stick with what has worked for you so far but if you keep posting here someone will certainly offer advice.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Higher than usual but tested later than usual. Took hubby to work first. I find that if I don't eat first thing my BS tend to go up. I've just had 2 bacon and 2 fried eggs and a lovely creamy coffee. Wasn't really hungry but keeping those BS in check!

My social media post from yesterday to give you a bit if a laugh.

Mike's bench update.

I practiced all night Monday night going over what I was going to say to the BBC breakfast TV team as I was told by Elizabeth I might be interviewed. Hairbrush as a microphone .. All Tuesday morning too. Did little notes for myself in case I had the opportunity to read to ensure i didn't forget anything. What my thoughts were about Mike's bench. It had been a turning point for me in accepting my diabetes diagnosis. The feeling of 'I'm going to die' turning to 'I'm alive but poor Mike isn't'. And going over all the positives since that day.

Arrived at Stanley Park yesterday at 12 noon for the filming. Met the presenter Jane and camera man John by Mike's bench at the lakeside . there were a few being filmed. Beautiful sunny day.

'Can you get your story over in 8 seconds' she said!!! 8 SECONDS! Not even a round 10! I was thinking I couldn't do it in 8 minutes (she obviously hasn't seen by blogs!!!)!!!! I had all my props with me in my mega handbag but couldn't use them. Just me and Mike's bench!!!

I couldn't even spit diabetes.co.uk out in 8 seconds!!!

The main focus was on 3 lovely sisters (rightly so, such a heartwarming story). Who come from all over England to sit on the bench. Sat there with their mum the day before she passed away. They now have their own memorial bench for her by the cafe.

They havent used my clip, not even a snippet . (but I did spot our photo in there!!! Our Willows TV premier!!!) Joking aside, im thrilled to have shared yesterday with some really lovely people. it was a very special experience hearing the different stories. Here's a few pics I can now share.

***A Year in the Life of Mike’s Bench will be on view at the visitor centre at Stanley Park, on West Park Drive, from October 4 to 24.
Admission will be free and it will be open Tuesday to Sunday from 11am to 3pm, apart from October 9 when it will be closed***

Last edited: